Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 338

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Vera vs Nsang ending was pretty nuts

2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Vick was a tough one. He was winning all kinds of fights and kept complaining that all of the top guys were "scared" to fight him.....except then he gets KOed by every top fighter he faces.

I feel like he lost a lot of support with the way he went after Justin since Justin is so likable and doesn't really participate in the trash talk. I know Vick was trying to sell the fight, but it just came off as cringey and mean. To get brutally KOed after that was ROUGH.

3. currytheword

Trusted

Vick could be and will likely be let go of his contract. I can't imagine that he's got any more than 1 other fight left on it. I remember being a fan of his and rooting for him on TUF but these last 4 fights have been brutal to watch.

4. Latifi is moving up the heavyweight

Dude is gonna look so weird fighting some of those mammoths

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

PLEASE let him fight Struve. That’s gotta be a two foot height differential.

currytheword likes this.
  7. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I never say never

but yeah

currytheword and yeahrightdude like this.
  8. 333 GANG

ACAB

That isn’t a fight anyone needs to see

9. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

as a marketing strategy it makes sense to give him a fight with a former champion who, on paper, should be an easy win. It's pure casual bait but it's a good long term move for the company if executed properly... but that won't happen because Dana will use this win to justify a Khabib rematch and Conor losing to Khabib for a second time will undo any of the casual hype they may have regained because he'll be back in the losers column for the 3rd time in 4 fights.

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

That'll be a hard sell, even for casuals. Frankie hasn't fought at 155 in what, 7 years now?

11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I love Frankie, but he's also dropped all three title shots he's had at 145 so he's kind of in a weird spot. This is typically where guys try to create new hype by changing weight classes, but I don't think really anyone is particularly interested in seeing him go up to fight any of those guys.

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I mean, it's a perfect choice for Conor who's clearly just trying to get a W

currytheword likes this.
  13. angrycandy

wouldn't that drastically deflate his hype tho to have a comeback fight against Edgar?

idk - maybe I'm completely off here

I guess fighting wouldn't kill his hype any more than not fighting would

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

In the fighting/promotion biz I feel like huge stars making a comeback of sorts really just need to get back on the scene with a formidable opponent and if they win its big news. Of course if they lost its even bigger news but I think Conor will handle Frankie pretty well. Who knows.

You just definitely don't go for the grand slam fight when you have barely fought the past couple years.

angrycandy likes this.
  15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Awful look for Winn.

16. didn’t Frankie say he was going to drop to 135 after the Holloway fight??

17. MikeERayner

Trusted

Yes. But as they say, “the all ighty ollar”

currytheword likes this.
  18. currytheword

Trusted

This fight was actually called for for years. It is long overdue, and not nearly as captivating on paper as it was when Conor was on the rise to the top. I would love to see those two fight, and I can't say it's a totally easy win for Conor considering he's not won an MMA fight since 2016. Long stints away do nothing but take away from fighters.

currytheword likes this.
  20. angrycandy

oh come on

I wanna see you get knocked out again

pretty please

currytheword and yeahrightdude like this.
  21. the fall of AKA

22. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Everyone keep an eye on Sean Brady. Making his UFC debut tonight. He’s from my area and has been really dominate in his past performances.

currytheword likes this.
  23. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Give me Luke Rockhold in all the grappling matches, dude has nothing to prove in MMA anymore.

24. sneaky good card tonight.

Tom and yeahrightdude like this.
  25. currytheword

Trusted

Wow that was a hell of a mount to have. It was like a back mount with a half nelson? Kind of a late stoppage for Herb as well. Clearly wasn’t going anywhere.