Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 323

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. 333 GANG

ACAB

For sure. I’m looking forward to the eventual (hopefully immediate) Budd/Cyborg fight.

Analog Drummer and yeahrightdude like this.
  2. currytheword

Trusted

Dana said in an interview this week that BJ Penn will not be booked to fight in the UFC again and hopes he can get his life together. One step in the right direction.

koryoreo and Analog Drummer like this.
  3. yeahrightdude Sep 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 5, 2019)
    yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

:chin:

4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

The Colby/Usman thing is just hard to wrap my head around without knowing the details. They both talk so much trash to each other and both seem to want to fight, but then at the same time, never agree to fight each other for whatever reason.

Feels like McGregor the way he calls out each guy in the division and then finds a reason not to fight more than once in three years.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  5. I think this is just putting pressure on Nate and Colby to accept the fights how they were currently offered.

I’m sure more news will come out about it but Colby probably wants more money or Usman does and it’s being stalled behind the scenes.

I also think Usman absolutely walks through Masvidal if that happens

currytheword likes this.
  6. currytheword

Trusted

I get your point, though Colby has legit ducked more than one guy for no reason whereas Conor’s excuse was “I steamrolled a whole division, then became double champ, then was a part of the best selling combat sports event ever. I don’t need to fight unless the money is right or a title is there.” Warranted now? No. Then? I think so.

7. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Oh, I'm not really saying any of their "excuses" not to fight are warranted or not. It's their choice. I'm just saying when you're not really paying all that much attention to what's going on, it seems like a bunch of hype gets built up around match ups and then seems to fizzle out to the point where you have no idea when they're going to fight again (if ever). Like, I haven't really been in the loop, but I've seen match ups for Conor teased like a dozen times this year and have no idea why he's still sitting out lol

currytheword likes this.
    Tom likes this.
  9. currytheword

Trusted

Okay at first I thought it was a fluke, but now 3 days in a row Michael Chandler has shown up as a viewer of my Instagram story lol WHAT.

Tom and yeahrightdude like this.
  10. 333 GANG

ACAB

Is he following you?

11. currytheword

Trusted

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

wtf

currytheword likes this.
  13. 333 GANG

ACAB

That is very weird. Report back if it keeps happening, I’m curious lol

14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

You hack him or what? haha I hope you were at least doing something cool in your story! His workouts get me fired up to go lift.

Side note - I don't know how I've never met this guy. He wrestled for Mizzou (which is a five minute drive from my work and my house and also where I will be tailgating this weekend), and he comes back fairly often. One time I messaged him on Instagram and asked if I could come get something signed when he was in town, but I couldn't make it there on my lunch break lol

yeahrightdude likes this.
  15. currytheword

Trusted

Honestly, and this is the only thing I can think of, I randomly every once in a while comment on posts from mmajunkie or the official espn/ufc posts. But for Chandler to return 3 times is bizarre.

Scout’s honor this is actually my Instagram story. He looked through all 5 pages of it too haha.

17EE7890-0367-48CB-97E9-90650BF83E30.jpeg

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

damn son you got Ari Gold watchin you too!!

currytheword likes this.
  17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Won't watch tomorrow, see Khabib winning by decision and I guess Felder does too.

18. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

currytheword likes this.
  19. Honestly think Nate headlines MSG against Masvidal.

Might make for a weird card without a title fight but I think they’re ready to really test Nates draw

20. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Are they going to throw a meaningless interim title on it? It would be pretty amazing if Dana made that big fuss about not letting non-title fights headline PPVs when discussing Conor's return a while back just to book Nate as a non-title PPV main event at MSG.

currytheword likes this.
  21. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

wow

currytheword likes this.
  23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

24. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

wow

can’t wait

25. yeahrightdude