Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 322

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. What a weird fight

2. Analog Drummer

Regular

BA3DDD9D-0BFC-4F82-877F-E5C74FC27081.jpeg

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

God dayummmmmmmmm

4. 333 GANG

ACAB

CTE 1 killed me lol

Analog Drummer likes this.
  5. currytheword

Trusted

Really sad. The UFC neeeeeeeds to buy out whatever contract he has. How can they not.

6. Analog Drummer

Regular

Hey looks like he won a fight earlier in the night! That helps his record at CTE1. Waiting for a trilogy

oldjersey likes this.
  7. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I can’t even feel bad for BJ Penn anymore after all of this

angrycandy likes this.
  8. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

dude’s out of his fucking mind

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm ashamed at how hard I laughed at that wiki edit.

10. currytheword

Trusted

He clearly needs serious help. To offer someone like him another professional fight is willful negligence.

11. Mrk_Brdshw Aug 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 29, 2019)
    Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

What the hell... It looks like the same guy in both videos though so obviously they were fighting for quite a while. I'm sure the video of BJ getting knocked out was after this (so I'm glad he got what he deserved), but he could have killed the guy in this one had people not grabbed a hold of him.

If this were anyone else I would probably be wondering about the circumstances that led to all of this, but considering it's BJ I don't even really care. The dude obviously has issues and he should be getting help instead of continuing to take more brain damage.

Edit: Just did some digging on Reddit. Apparently the KO came first and then BJ went after the guy later and tackled the dude from behind. Even sadder smh.

12. MikeERayner

Trusted

I assume I’ll be the only one of us watching live? Main card are usually 12pm Sunday for me. For what I feel is the first time ever, main card is 8pm Saturday which is super weird!
    I’m not overly interested in it though. Hoping Kara-France gets a win and the main event should be decent enough too.

Analog Drummer and currytheword like this.
  13. MikeERayner

Trusted

14. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

that was nuts

15. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Zhang fuckin Weili holy shit

16. currytheword

Trusted

Just finished watching the card. Honestly enjoyed the whole thing. 2 last fights were great to watch, and Weili is a force to be reckoned with. I did not expect to see Jessica steamrolled like that.

SpyKi likes this.
  17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah she just ripped through her. Very fun to watch her do it in China.

18. currytheword

Trusted

Jessica actually said before the fight that she believed her takedown defense and weight would be significantly different than Rose, and it sucks for her that she was right haha.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Tom and 333 GANG like this.
  20. Analog Drummer

Regular

So 4-5 girls didn’t get paid when they wanted to go to work that night. Good one Coucillor

333 GANG likes this.
  21. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Tom likes this.
  22. 333 GANG

ACAB

Cyborg getting paid more than Ronda was at the end of her career? Not buying it.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  23. 333 GANG

ACAB

Then again, knowing Coker, he probably signed her to something like a 10 fight deal guaranteeing X number of dollars per and that’s what he’s referring to. There’s no way it’s the biggest per.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  24. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

yeah I don't know how much weight I put into that but it's still nice to see her back with a promotion that actually wants her there.

333 GANG likes this.
  25. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Good on Bellator.

currytheword likes this.