Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 319

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. currytheword

Trusted

I'm genuinely just so impressed by everyone. DC is a fucking beast. Stipe has to beat the best to be the best in my eyes. I am so down for a third fight for them pending what DC decides to do. This post-fight interview for him gets a lot of respect cause he's honest with himself and super respectful.

Diaz vs Masvidal is even more exciting to me than him fighting Pettis. I hope Nate sticks around cause his game clearly has not suffered from a 3 year break.

Middleweight division has a lot of great guys to match up currently. Can't wait to see what next year entails for the division, and who is the champ going into it.

SpyKi likes this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

What do you think the MSG main event will be? Dana said he knows it already right?

3. currytheword

Trusted

It's so weird because everyone i'd likely guess, Dana has seemingly shot down or deflected the potential fights. Could be a strategy, could also be that they really don't have it set in stone yet. Most realistic choice is Jon Jones. He's from NY, he's a huge draw. His last fight he left without serious injury and has said he'd like to fight again before the year ends. Walker is already on that card. I just don't know who the hell they'd pick to put in there with him.

Edit: I'm also forgetting that Usman is not booked and Colby is trending right now. That's definitely a possibility.

4. A little behind but I do think Costa destroys Izzy

But I also think Whittaker demolishes Costa.

It’s easy to forget how fucking good Bobby Knuckles is

Analog Drummer and currytheword like this.

5. I would bet Jones vs Reyes with Usman/Covington as co-main

oldjersey likes this.
  6. currytheword

Trusted

Costa is a beast no doubt. However, I think if he remains as confident as he sounds in the post-fight interview I just watched, he won't fight smart against Whittaker. Rob is more diverse, his cardio is top-notch, and Costa was fading bad after a bit. I don't know that he's got 5 rounds in him. Izzy's fight with Gastelum was as exciting and competitive as any of the fights from last night. If he made the right adjustments from that fight, he's not gonna be an easy win by any means.

Also who the hell is Gastelum fighting next!?

slowheart likes this.

7. Till vs Gastelum was talked about yesterday by Helwani but Dana shot it down during the post fight conference so it’s probably that since Dana always denies fights and then they happen

currytheword likes this.
  8. Looking at google + social media numbers right now and Diaz has...really turned into a star.

Virtually every tweet about him has been liked or retweeted 10k times+ and he topped the google activity over everyone else on the card by a LOT.

oldjersey and currytheword like this.
  9. Triple post

Tony Ferguson will weigh in as the backup for the Khabib/Dustin fight next month

oldjersey, currytheword and SpyKi like this.
  10. currytheword

Trusted

Reyes is already fighting Weidman in October.

11. Shit. What’s Corey Anderson doing?

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

The only reason Tony and Khabib finally fight being because Dustin gets hurt just makes way too much sense.

13. currytheword

Trusted

Can you fucking imagine if that's really how we wind up getting the Tony/Khabib fight after so many cancellations? By a stand-in move a few weeks beforehand? Insanity. Tony would love it.

yeahrightdude and oldjersey like this.
  14. currytheword

Trusted

Nothing since his last win. I think he's on a 4 fight streak but hasn't fought in going on a year now. I am doubtful he'll get a title shot unless they're letting Jon pick anyone he wants haha. I would say maybe Jan? he walked away from that Rockhold fight looking great.

15. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

He’s fighting Johnny Walker at MSG

16. currytheword

Trusted

Ah shit that's right, I forgot that's who they put Walker against. So yeah, that leaves pretty much Jan as a worthy contender to fight Jones in regards to who’s available for November.

Tom likes this.
  17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

You could have already made the case for this before, but I think last night’s win cemented Stipe’s claim of heavyweight GOAT with little dispute.

Based on skill and resume, you have several people in the running: Fedor, DC, Overeem, Cain, Stipe, and Werdum to name a few. Stipe has KO’ed them all besides Cain and Fedor, but he has also dominated all three of the guys who have defeated Cain.

I do think in the future, Stipe’s win over Ngannou is only going to look more and more impressive as well. Not to mention stopping Hunt, JDS and Arlovski. AND he has avenged two of his three losses now. This guy shouldn’t be this good.

currytheword likes this.
  18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

If DC continues, a DC vs Ngannou fight is the next logical fight for him, if he wants a 3rd fight against Stipe.

19. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Ngannou by first round knockout

20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

If we don't get Diaz v Masvidal the entire organization should just fold.

Analog Drummer, Tom and SpyKi like this.
  21. currytheword

Trusted

Askren vs Maia is confirmed for October 26th YEET.

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk yeah

Steve_JustAGuy and currytheword like this.
  23. currytheword

Trusted

Casuals are already bored.

Analog Drummer and slowheart like this.
  24. I’m already drooling. I’m gonna have a grapple hard on the entire time

Analog Drummer and currytheword like this.
  25. K1 Maia vs Undeafated in Asia Askren

currytheword likes this.