Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 315

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

What are the chances that, provided he wins tomorrow, DC agrees to a fight with Jon Jones? 20% 50% Would it be at heavyweight? Light Heavyweight? Catchweight?

2. DC said he’ll only fight Stipe and Jon. And he’ll only fight Jon at 205.

I think he’ll fight Jon early next year or maybe later this year and call it a career.

I’d say 100% that it happens for a third time

Tom likes this.
  3. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Catchweight unlikely. DC has been adamant about it being at 205 if it ever happens again.

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Is it that he thinks at heavyweight Jones would have too much of an advantage? Having to cut that much weight I assume would again suck

5. Damn. Stipe weighing in at 230!

6. His wording was he wants to right what was wrong. He wouldn’t feel vindicated beating him at heavyweight

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Ahhh, makes sense - truly beat Jones at his own game, in his yard

Tom likes this.
  8. Tom

Yeah DC basically wants to avenge his loss at 205. Also I've seen Jones has said he has no interest in moving up to Heavyweight any time soon. If (when) it happens, it will be at Light Heavyweight.

My thing is, does DC stand a chance against Jones again at 205? I don't see it going well for DC. His fight with Jones could very well be his last fight, and I don't see that being a W for him.

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I see it as DC wanting the truth, the truth of knowing who is the better fighter, Jones or himself. And if he loses a 3rd time, then he knows for sure that Jones is the better fighter at that weight; to me it seems that the idea of not truly knowing if he is, is almost worse than knowing for sure. Yeah it would suck for DC if he lost again, but then at least he'd know for sure that Jones is better at 205, and his record at heavyweight is still intact.

Tom likes this.
  10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I also think it depends on how the fight tomorrow goes. If he loses or gets too banged up/injured, he might retire. Who knows. I’m surprised he’s stuck around this long considering he wanted to retire before 40. Yet here he is defending the heavyweight belt and talking about a potential third fight with Jon.

Tom likes this.
  11. Tom

"I'm surprised he stuck around this long" is a constant theme in MMA, isn't it :crylaugh:

currytheword likes this.
  12. Jones callout incoming

Tom likes this.
  13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

So pumped for this card, particularly the main event. I feel like a win for either guy contributes to their GOAT status (probably more so for Stipe though). It will be fun seeing the winner fight Francis after this too unless it ends up being DC who retires.

oldjersey and currytheword like this.
  14. currytheword

Trusted

Ngannou vs Diesel is already booked for 2020.

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm happy for either guy winning the main event although I'm much more emotionally invested in DC.

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

I like Stipe a lot, seems like a great guy and a fun fighter to watch, but I will never root against DC.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  17. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Frank Trigg is a referee now? :crylaugh:

18. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Glad Rogan was bugging out about the ref holding his mouth piece almost as much as me.

Those were fun exchanges though

19. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Rogan is so high he can barely talk

20. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Sandhagen looked great. His fight against Alcantara is still one of the craziest things I've ever seen irl.

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

wow what a win for this guy

yeahrightdude likes this.
  22. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

23. here we go!

24. preppyak

Elite Supporter

This is wild

25. yoel is so gassed already lol