Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 314

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I mean, it was clearly the old man's fault for not taking that shot of whiskey. That's just rude.

But seriously, this was like a month after the phone smashing incident and also at the exact time his sexual assault allegations came out... What the hell has this guy been doing?

llllllllllllllll and t_papaccio like this.
  2. currytheword

Trusted

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Fuck this fucking trashbag of a person, I hate him, I can't wait to see someone knock him the fuck out again.

4. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

He really gets away with all of this shit.

5. currytheword

Trusted

Who knocked him out the first time?

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

currytheword likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

choked out, tapped out, knocked out, castrated, locked up, fucking whatever, fuck that loser

333 GANG likes this.
  8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

What was the lastest rumor? Him and Tony??

9. currytheword

Trusted

A true shame what fame and money do to people from all over the world. Conor once was a humble shit talker. Confident in his game, but not a shitbag like he has become.

oldjersey likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah, I think some of the qualities that rose him to the top are now rearing their ugly head

11. 333 GANG

ACAB

I mean, we really have no idea what he was like before cameras were on him anywhere he went. Sure, he appeared humble and whatnot in the media prior to his success, and of course those close to him would say he was, but do we really know what he was like? Nah. I’d be hard pressed to believe he wasn’t always at least a bit of an asshole.

oldjersey likes this.
  12. currytheword

Trusted

It's true, I know nothing of Conor except when he was interviews before being a title holder. But its also not hard to blame money/fame as we've watched what its done to countless others, even those in MMA. It's an even more toxic combination when its someone who's combative for a living getting it.

Shit talking Khabib and pushing the limits was one thing. All of these unprovoked physical encounters/rumors of sexual assault are disturbing and inexcusable.

13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah, that's what I was going to say. He most likely always had asshole-ish tendencies at some level and this much fame and success has really brought it out of him.

Like with Jon Jones, having tons of money, getting wanted AND un-wanted attention, and being surrounded by yes men all the time probably brings out the worst of what was already there. Recipe for disaster. Especially when he doesn't seem to be facing many significant consequences for much of this stuff.

currytheword and 333 GANG like this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

From what I know Conor was down and out years ago in his life. One of those guys who felt like life moved forward and left him behind. This of course created motivation for him but also HAD to of created resentment and a temper along with a giant chip on his shoulder. It's unfortunate, but he is still a young dude, fuck if Tyson can turn it around surely Conor can in his life, I sure hope he does.

currytheword, angrycandy and 333 GANG like this.
  15. I would say that Conor has probably been a dick his entire life. I think he was grateful during his rise to the top but once he got there it seemed like he completely flipped the switch and just became a giant dildo.

Between the stories of him being involved in mob activity in Ireland, the sexual assault allegation, the cocaine binges and now hitting an old man...like what the fuck are you doing?

I think every time he does something dumb he should be forced to fight Khabib again.

oldjersey and 333 GANG like this.
  16. Anyway, I'm super pumped for the card on Saturday night.

The main card is pretty insane and on paper is one of the best cards of the year.

I got

Heinisch
    Yusuff
    Diaz
    Stipe

USADA wins the Costa/Romero fight

17. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Realized last night that Yoel hasn’t made weight in over 2 years

18. currytheword

Trusted

Yup, It’s definitely been a big question surrounding this card. I think it’s likely if he misses 3 times in a row he’ll be forced to move up to LHW. Not that he cares about getting his fight purse deducted, being a fucking millionaire now.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Alright, Stipe/Pettis/Romero and those are my final answers.

20. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Yoel came it 1.5lbs under the limit. Why couldn't you do that for the last two fights, my guy?

Regardless- all fighters made weight!

currytheword likes this.
  21. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Cormier, Diaz, Romero

22. Tom

Stipe/Pettis/Romero/Yusuff/Heinisch/Sandhagen/Kenney

23. currytheword

Trusted

Let’s goooooo! I’m super excited for this card.

Going with Stipe, Pettis, Romero, Brunson, and Benitez. Gonna be fucking fireworks (I hope/think). I’m also interested in seeing Assuncao’s fight in the prelims.

24. Tom

God damn I'm so pumped for Pettis and Diaz. That's the type of fight that you know youre in for a good one no matter what.

SpyKi likes this.
  25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Okay, so I like DC and Pettis....but I actually think I'm picking against both of them.

DC vs. Stipe are both too talented for me to really dissect/analyze to figure out what is going to happen, so I'm just going to say that I think Stipe has tightened up his game and filled in the holes since last time. I think he's more focused this time around.

Also, I generally think that Pettis has a hard time with people who keep moving forward, get in your face, and throw a lot of volume. Though I would love to see him clock Diaz.