Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 312

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. currytheword

Trusted

Oh. My. God.

Mike Perry looks like he just got hit with an MK Fatal Blow. But I think he won?!

Edit: Mike got robbed. I think he definitely had rounds 2 and 3 despite getting his nose broken late.

2. Mike looking like Arlovski with that nose. God damn

Analog Drummer likes this.
  3. currytheword

Trusted

I feel so bad for him. Supposed to be getting married and going on his honeymoon next right?

4. MikeERayner

Trusted

I thought he won that too.

currytheword likes this.
  5. MikeERayner

Trusted

How’s the main event going? Turns out I was only home long enough to catch the co-main

currytheword likes this.
  6. currytheword

Trusted

Both fighters are being patient. Bisping’s commentary is Terrible.

7. MikeERayner

Trusted

Really is hey? Like I said, I only caught the co-main but yikes he was bad.

8. MikeERayner

Trusted

Analog Drummer and t_papaccio like this.
  9. currytheword

Trusted

Valentina just put Liz on her butt in the third. Also scored a takedown.

10. 333 GANG

ACAB

I gotta say, I don’t think Perry was robbed in the least. Thought he clearly lost 2 rounds.

Not they are the be all end all of scoring, but 15/17 media guys on here gave it to Luque.

MMADecisions.com

11. 333 GANG

ACAB

Valentina dominated, but took very few chances which made for an extremely dull fight.

12. currytheword

Trusted

I think Perry landed more in the last two rounds. Kept control more clinching. The knee was what likely lost him the third for at least one of those judges.

13. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

:eyes:

Mcgregor or, god forbid, an injury with Khabib or Poirier. Possibly a Cowboy injury?

14. MikeERayner

Trusted

Interesting....

15. MikeERayner

Trusted

Love that the Al v Hooker fight has been made.

16. currytheword

Trusted

Tony should be fighting for the title next. However, if he did take a fight with Conor that will be insane to watch.

17. currytheword

Trusted

Also, why is Henry calling out both women’s division champions? Who is that funny to?

Also also, Colby bringing up Kamaru’s deceased manager is as low as it gets. Gross that people actually enjoy his shit.

333 GANG and slowheart like this.
  18. DC said if he ever fought Jones again it would absolutely be at 205 again so he could make what was wrong be right

I think DC is one of the best fighters of all time but I have absolutely no desire to see him fight Jones at LHW again because I just don’t think he can beat Jon at that weight

That weight cut takes a lot out of him and it certainly drains him of some of the power he carries fighting at heavyweight

t_papaccio likes this.
  19. currytheword

Trusted

He's so bothered by Jones he still hasn't accepted defeat. He doesn't need to fight him again, he just wants a win over Jones so he can say he beat him. Not for his legacy or the title.

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I am a huge DC fan these days, but I don' think he will even beat Stipe this weekend let alone Jon Jones at a weight cut.

21. currytheword

Trusted

I think he could totally beat Stipe again. And I LOVE Stipe, he is actually my favorite heavyweight fighter. Rooting for him all the way.

I guess I just feel that Jones shouldn’t need to ever fight DC again. We’ve seen them fight. Jon takes it 9/10 times I’d say. DC really has convinced himself that neither of Jon’s fights with him count for anything.

22. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I have doubted DC in the past multiple times only to be proven wrong. I love the DC and Stipe matchup and I truly do think it could go either way. I agree with the sentiment that Jon and DC shouldn't fight again. They just don't need to. We know whats (probably) going to happen. You can tell those losses haunt DC though.

23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I called DC winning the first fight before it was even announced, but this match up is still a toss up for me. I think DC is probably a better overall fighter, but Stipe was landing tons of shots on him before getting clipped in the close range. I could see Stipe having too good of a pace and too much volume for him, but at the same time, DC just knows how to win.

As for DC/Jones 3, I also doubt it ever happens but I'd definitely be down for it. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I still don't see Jones being the definitive foil to DC despite beating him twice already. Those guys are just so good that either guy has to be 100% on their game to win.

Honestly I think it will look better for DC in the long run if he goes out having only lost to Jon (and possibly Stipe) whereas Jon is bound to lose eventually. His title fights at least seem slightly more competitive nowadays.

24. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I'd rather see Jon vs Santos 2 than Jon vs. DC 3 tbh.

Analog Drummer and currytheword like this.
  25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'd like to see Jon/DC 3 just for the drama.