Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 311

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  2. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

yeahrightdude and currytheword like this.
  3. currytheword

Trusted

Kattar could blow up huge if he finishes Zabit like he did Lamas. Easily his biggest fight yet imo. Honestly, it’s almost a little unfair to Zabit who’s ranked no. 5 currently, just sent Stephens to the 8th spot with an impressive win streak going....and Kattar is no. 11? Either way, should be a good one.

As for Frankie fighting at Bantamweight now, I guess I just kinda wonder what the mental motivation is for that? I guess he figures as he ages, and is losing more often, he has a better shot with smaller guys? Also knows they could use the star power I suppose. Only Cejudo as a big name atm, TJ suspended, Cody on a 3-fight skid and Cruz likely done.

t_papaccio likes this.
  4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Less mental motivation and more survival. Frankie is 0-4 against the top featherweights, and I really wouldn't like his chances against Volkanovski or Zabit. It's either keep gatekeeping at 145 or win one at 135 and get another title shot.

currytheword likes this.
  5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'll add though, I love the move for Frankie. Wish it would have come a bit sooner, maybe after the Ortega fight, so he could already be established there.

6. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Yikes

7. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit

8. she really needs a new social media manager, assuming she doesnt run her own stuff

9. currytheword

Trusted

t_papaccio likes this.
  10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I get that a lot of the times his whole persona is an "act", but this is just bizarre. I don't really get what he was trying to accomplish here, but if he was truly that offended by what they said about him....then maybe he should reconsider acting like an asshole? Also, Miesha is a veteran and a former Strikeforce and UFC champ.... Not sure why he's trying to pick at her as if she hasn't accomplished anything lol

11. currytheword

Trusted

He’s just an asshole to be an asshole. Likely walked out of there feeling real good about himself and as if he accomplished something.

12. MikeERayner

Trusted

Do we think Usman/Colby is going to headline MSG or co-main?

13. currytheword

Trusted

I don’t believe they’d headline MSG. I know the time slot was midday, but Colby’s first headlining fight had the lowest viewer-count out of all the cards that have been hosted by ESPN since the new deal. Usman, while being a great fighter and current champ, is a relatively newer name for people to remember. Definitely could see it as a co-main.

14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Very excited for Rodolfo Vieira tomorrow.

15. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

16. currytheword

Trusted

Awesome for Waterson. If she gets a big surprise win it could be title shot talk after.

17. Hard to argue after that last weight cut

t_papaccio and yeahrightdude like this.
  18. i really hope we see that rule being implemented more often.

19. currytheword

Trusted

So I see this new movie recommended to me on Netflix, and it’s a Tony Jaa film who I loved to watch and have ever since The Protector. Low and behold I come to find out they’ve got a supergroup of guys in this film, including Mike Bisping haha.

20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I was curious about that. It any good?

21. currytheword

Trusted

I had fun watching it. Bisping’s acting is abysmal, but if you’ve ever enjoyed any of Adkins’ films or Jaa, you’ll like this. They also have the guy from The Raid and Michael Jai White.

22. currytheword

Trusted

Wow what a KO for Volkan! I didn’t expect that from him against Latifi. Great win for him.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  23. MikeERayner

Trusted

Just tuned in - the commentary is awful!

24. MikeERayner

Trusted

Crowd is silent too. Feels like it’s an amateur fight.

25. MikeERayner

Trusted

Holy fuck Perry’s nose

Analog Drummer likes this.