Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 303

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. currytheword

Trusted

Very tough and on a hot streak right now. I used to love watching Faber fight so I’m rooting for him. Takes something special (or maybe stupid) to see what’s been happening to older fighters the past year and still want to come back.

2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

When I really rooted for fighters, Faber was one of my guys. I really wish he hadn't come back, I don't see him winning this.

currytheword and koryoreo like this.
  3. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Her coach's "perfectionist" excuse is insane and her whole team should be blacklisted for allowing her to do that.

4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

#BanWeightCutting

5. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah that's fucked. I understand 145 isn't really a division anymore, but we don't need to see that at all.

6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I honestly couldn’t tell if she was just struggling to get her clothes off or if she was truly grimacing from just standing there, but it was pretty apparent that getting on the scale a second time for a photo was too much for her. That’s fucked up. She was basically on the brink of death.

7. MikeERayner

Trusted

That’s so fucking disgusting and everyone involved in that should be punished. Just awful.

8. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Thats hard to watch

9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I like the Bisping and Fitzgerald commentary duo a lot, always a treat to have them. Should be a good night of fights, after a couple good ones in Bellator last night.

10. If Ryan Hall develops good stand up the whole division is fucked

currytheword and yeahrightdude like this.
  11. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Odd stoppage I guess... I thought Faber was in trouble after taking that first punch but man he got him with a huge hit. What a comeback.

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  12. MikeERayner

Trusted

Probably the right call but I wasn’t sure about it straight away. Simon was looking good too. Could’ve been a rad fight!

yeahrightdude likes this.
  13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah agreed on all points. Ricky looked pretty hurt when he was trying to stand back up but I didn’t think he was out by any means. Not a horrible stoppage but I would have let it go on longer for sure.

14. WEC NEVER DIE

15. Tom

Love Faber but that was early and that was not a KO

16. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Herb Dean trash again

17. MikeERayner

Trusted

Ugh

18. Tom

Cmon Herb

19. How’s many times are we gonna defend Herb?

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This is another one of those super shitty situations. In Herb’s defense, Aspen looked very odd when she first went down. On all fours and not covering up. I don’t know why she did that and he might have been able to see her face to see if she looked out. But in hindsight, if he would have waited .5 seconds longer, she would have spun around to guard. I actually completely understand why he jumped in when he did, but at the same time....these are fucking professionals. They’ve cut tons of weight and have a lot of money on the line. They’d rather lose decisively. It actually robs GDR of what could have been a clear and emphatic win.

Analog Drummer and t_papaccio like this.
  21. Tom

After watching the Simon v Faber stoppage a few more times, I don’t think it was as bad as I originally thought, but it was still a little too early.

22. currytheword

Trusted

Way to rally and get the quick win Faber! Very cool to see, and he clearly hits pretty damn hard still to stop Simon in his tracks while advance like so.

The GDR/Ladd stoppage was too early. Unfortunately, Ladd never looked confident or healthy from the start, and undoubtedly that was something Herb was aware of, but she was most definitely not out and was seemingly rolling inward to grab her.

23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Herb started to intervene before she made an attempt to defend or make any moves. In hindsight, she seemed okay, but in the moment she acted like she was out of it. Down on all fours, not looking at GDR, didn’t spin around or cover up for several seconds... it was just bizarre all the way around.

Herb could have (and probably should have) waited a bit longer to see how she reacted to the follow up shots, but who knows. If she had clipped her and put her all the way out, we might be jumping all over Herb saying it was a late stoppage. Just a tough call because of Ladd’s behavior after getting hit.

24. currytheword

Trusted

llllllllllllllll likes this.
  25. Analog Drummer

Regular