Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 302

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. MikeERayner

Trusted

Fuck I mixed you up with another post - sorry dude!

2. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I can’t stand the schmo

3. currytheword

Trusted

I don't hate the Schmo mostly because it's hilarious seeing fighters/Dana react to him. But the guy also doesn't really seem to be connected to MMA/UFC.

Ariel, for better or worse, knows the fight game better than most of them. Not crazy about him but I respect his opinions at times.

4. yeahrightdude Jul 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 8, 2019)
    yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Like 5 years ago I worked with an annoying piece of shit frat boy that would constantly talk about how funny his snapchat stories were but it was just him acting like the schmo interviewing people at parties. He even looked so similar to schmo that I had to look him up on facebook to make sure it wasn't the same guy lol

So my opinion is tainted

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Not gonna lie I’m not really familiar with a lot of the journalists or MMA personalities. Luke Thomas is one of those guys that I’m super annoyed with and think is pretentious about 50% of the time and then I actually respect and like the other 50%. Haha.

currytheword likes this.
  7. currytheword Jul 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2019)
    currytheword

Trusted

Totally missed the fact that Dana White confirmed Nate Diaz and Khabib had a confrontation for the second time at an event this weekend.

Also, Santos tore his ACL, MCL, PCL, and his Meniscus. Basically, the man’s fucking thigh bone was no longer connected to his shin bone, and how he was able to even walk let alone continue to throw kicks is actually a miracle/near impossible feat. Adrenaline is wild.

8. Just seen the Santos news and holy fuck what a warrior.

That’s a year gone at minimum right there. Age certainly isn’t in his favor either.

I hope he can bounce back and manages to be alright. That’s a catastrophic amount of injuries.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Feel terrible for him, but on the bright side, the division can at least keep moving. Would have been awful to have the belt only for them to immediately make an interim fight.

10. currytheword

Trusted

Please no more interim belts there are already too many. (And a few of them calling themselves the real champ.)

11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Someone said Askren vs Maia should be next and I 100% want that.

currytheword likes this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

bruh Santos tore his acl, bcl,ccl, dcl, ecl etc. etc. god DAMN

t_papaccio likes this.
  13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

FUCK yeah

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Im really baffled as to why Jones didn't try to take down Santos.

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Quadruple post sorry

did yall see this shit??

the thread has more info, wtf

t_papaccio likes this.
  16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This is more what I was getting at the other night when I called him "hesitant" and people seemed to disagree with for whatever reason. I don't think Jones was supposed to throw out any strategy and just start senselessly attacking Santos once he saw his knee buckle the first time or something like that, but I was honestly shocked that he didn't re-think his strategy or figure out a way to capitalize on Santos' injury and lack of movement.

He threw some pretty crazy stuff every once in a while, but he was 100% hesitant by normal Jon Jones standards. He is so crafty and one of the best strategists in the game, so I completely expected him to figure out a way to punish Santos for having no mobility but he really never did. To both their credit, Thiago kept fighting through it like a savage and was still throwing just as hard, so I get that aspect of Jon's strategy, but....he just didn't turn it on the way I thought he would. Like, to the point where he honestly probably lost round 5.

He even admitted himself that he had to play it safe, that he had to do what he had to do to win a decision and avoid any risk of damage. I would have thought he could have accomplished the same thing by taking him down, but he made no attempt. Who knows.

oldjersey likes this.
  17. Cub Swanson vs Kron Gracie in October

Also lmao

Steve_JustAGuy and oldjersey like this.
  18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I am all about watching ADR getting knocked the fuck out

19. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I had to google Alberto Del Rio cause I’ve never heard of him. I’m glad to see he at least has good MMA experience, but I’m assuming he’s most known for his WWE stuff.

20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Kron and Cub is going to be so good.

Tito and ADR, Campbell McLaren is a wild one lol.

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

He's a total absolute scumbag

22. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Late but I'm all for Askren vs Maia. One of the best ground matchups ever at WW.

Analog Drummer and oldjersey like this.
  23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Agreed. I know it's not the same, but it's fairly good redemption for Ben if he loses to Masvidal and then turns around and beats someone who recently beat Masvidal in his very next fight.

I know people don't really care, but it would at least give him some credibility and exposure of his skills to the UFC fans who didn't witness how dominant he was before making the jump.

currytheword and koryoreo like this.
  24. currytheword

Trusted

I feel like Faber’s return should carry more weight with it, but I am not optimistic.

25. They did not give him an easy fight. Simon is tough

Analog Drummer likes this.