Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 300

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Who's next for John? Rematch? Johnny Walker? Jan? Heavyweight? I was leaning towards HW but after tonight I think Walker or a rematch would be best.

2. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I'm all for shit talking but fuck any homophobic insults. That's disappointing.

3. currytheword Jul 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2019)
    currytheword

Trusted

He makes comments about how Ben loves trying to put his face in men’s crotches and that’s all he knows how to do and clearly insinuates a negative gay tone after when he’s like “if you're a dude tryin’ to put your face in my crotch, it’s a problem” or something very close to that.

4. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Wow, yeah fuck that. Lost a lot of respect and hope Usman rag dolls him, which I think he will.

5. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Crazy that Ngannou/Dos Santos was supposed to be on the card too. that would have been a 4/5 1st round KO PPV card.

currytheword likes this.
  6. currytheword

Trusted

As well as Sean O’ Malley which was removed just a week and a half beforehand.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  7. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

That would have been such a good fight. Ironic he was scheduled to fight on a Jones card too...

currytheword likes this.
  8. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

9. currytheword

Trusted

Hahaha. Couldn’t be a better Askren response. I’m really glad he’s alright without serious injury. Better chances of him returning I’d think. I would also love a rematch for them. A not so typical start for Askren would go a long way.

yeahrightdude likes this.

10. With Luke losing (I’m pretty confident Luke would’ve gotten the title shot with a win) then the UFC is probably going to fast track Walker to a title shot.

11. MikeERayner

Trusted

12. currytheword

Trusted

Luke Rockhold received his second broken jaw last night. Dude needs to retire like Dana said.

koryoreo and t_papaccio like this.
  13. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

This card was everything I wanted 235 to be. That card had so much hype but fell sorta flat imo. This card had a lot of hype and delivered. Definitely a great night for the UFC.

koryoreo likes this.
  14. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

So does Nunes face the winner of Ladd/De Randamie next or who else does she have left? I don't see anyone that can touch her.

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

My buddy told me on one of the YouTube shows UFC does that Nunes has talked about wanting to fight her Fiance then retiring lmao, no idea if she's serious but I wouldn't put it past her, she's nuts.

16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

We talked about it in this thread I believe but most of us called that happening with Rockhold a long time ago. Dude has an amazing offensive skill set to hang with the bigger guys, but he is defensively weak. His problems at middleweight had nothing to do with size and were mostly because he wouldn’t keep his damn hands up. Not sure why he wouldn’t try to fix that before facing even heavier hitters.

17. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

idek how many times I’ve watched that Askren ko today

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah and he's got no chin anymore, I'd be shocked if he didn't retire.

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Still thinking about that knee. There are benefits to being one dimensional like Askren is, but that knee is the other side of the coin.

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Part of me does feel pretty bad for him though. Came into the UFC a hot prospect and after two fights, he’s 1-1. One fight he gets essentially KOed from a slam in the first 10 seconds but ends up winning from a “headlock” where a lot of people refuse to acknowledge his win, then the second he’s on the receiving end of the fastest KO in UFC history.

Nowhere in there has he been able to showcase that Olympic level wrestling or even show that he belongs at the top tbh. He might be mostly remembered as the guy who got demolished twice in the UFC if he retires right now. Haha.

currytheword likes this.
  21. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yeah, he really should have been in the UFC six years ago fighting GSP, Big Rig and middle aged Robbie. Maybe if Covington loses you can run those two together.

Maybe one of these upstart grappling promotions can get enough coin together for an Askren/GSP sub only match.

currytheword likes this.
  22. currytheword

Trusted

23. currytheword Jul 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 8, 2019)
    currytheword

Trusted

I was very wrong on all my predictions except for Jones of course looking back. I knew Holly was against the grain but I was super hopeful for her. Both in this fight and her fight with Cyborg I feel like she had too many nerves. Seemed too hesitant to really let loose and even appeared anxious imo.

While I was of course amazed by Masvidal, I think I find Jan’s KO of Rockhold more surprising. Everyone thought Luke would look so much better not cutting weight, and the shit he talked was in the clouds. Also the snap back of his head was insane.

24. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Re: Holly - I haven't seen the whole fight, but even Amanda commented on how Holly's game plan was strange. Like she didn't move nearly as much as she usually does, and it didn't seem like it was a strategic change as it actually benefited Amanda. I have no idea what was really going on, but she looked pretty flat and off-balance whenever she get hit with the kick from what I saw. This is just speculation but maybe she is just mentally hit or miss in the big fights.

currytheword likes this.
  25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Has Jones enlightened us at all on what the fuck he was thinking/doing during that fight?