Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 292

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. currytheword

Trusted

The DC thing is whatever, the two of them love to call each other out. He really shouldn’t be phased by Adesanya right now though. Jones has looked just as good as ever whereas Adesanya, while showing some amazing heart and endurance, had some serious holes in his striking game exposed last time around. Kelvin was very close to ending that fight more than once. Jones is longer, stronger, and more diverse than Kelvin. He may very well pull an upset on Robert (I hope not) but I don’t think he could stand with Jones by any means.

2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

DC not wanting to drop weight because he's scared is rich considering Jon could just as easily take that fight at heavyweight, but whatever, they love to needle each other. He'd blow through Adesanya with ease.

currytheword likes this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah Jon is smart, he knows his odds of winning go down significantly if he moves up in weight to fight DC

currytheword likes this.
    yeahrightdude and currytheword like this.
    oldjersey and currytheword like this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

SpyKi likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

How does everyone feel about Askren/Masvidal?

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Love this dude

Steve_JustAGuy and koryoreo like this.
  9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Gut feeling, for no real reason, I think Masvidal beats him.

That said, Ben wins, he gets the title shot.

10. currytheword

Trusted

I think Ben will have an easier time with Masvidal than he did with Lawler, but that's just me.

However I am really looking forward to seeing Robbie ragdoll Colby. (if we're lucky)

11. currytheword

Trusted

What's everyone thinking for the card this weekend? for the final 3 fights with fighters i'm familiar with, i'm saying Ngannou, Benavidez, and Maia.

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I think one of those three will lose, can't really say which one though. Ngannou is probably my surest bet to win though.

13. currytheword

Trusted

I would guess Maia. If he gets into his rhythm, he’s pretty unstoppable. But if somebody makes him suffer or work hard early in a fight he has more issues recovering nowadays. Last fight is hard to judge cause I don’t think that guy stood a chance to begin with.

14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Currently at Disney World and watched one of the Lion King shows. Who sits directly behind me? None other than Ariel Helwani.

15. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Nice to see Anders back in the win column especially with a huge KO like that. Awful stoppage though. Wtf was that ref thinking?

angrycandy likes this.
  16. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Great fight! That elbow by Ramos was so clean and beautiful.

17. MikeERayner

Trusted

Tuning in now. Should be a fun main card.

18. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Menifield looking great tonight. They're doing a great job of building the LHW roster lately.

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

About to watch Francis launch Junior's head to outer space

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

JDS was scared, felt the power, and quit.

Analog Drummer and currytheword like this.
  21. MikeERayner

Trusted

Well that was quick lol

22. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

damn :crylaugh:

23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

currytheword and angrycandy like this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Welp

25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Francis looked slim and ripped for this fight; lots of power, but also really quick. I think he now has the skills and confidence to take down Stipe, and provide a really good match for DC

Analog Drummer likes this.