Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 291

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. currytheword

Trusted

Basically referenced streaming an event instead of paying for it, and since then there was a huge crackdown made on illegal streaming. Reddit specifically, in which people are no longer allowed to post links for streams on.

oldjersey likes this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ohhhhh right MMAstreams and MMAstreamz are both banned, I wonder why other pro leagues don't take action

3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Strictly for his MMA podcast, I don't follow his other ventures.

Pros: Former fighter who isn't delusional about how talented they were. I can't stress this enough, but he actually has a legit podcast set up, something that 99% of MMA adjacent podcasts don't have.

Cons: Spends the first 30-45 minutes of every podcast talking about his comedy, movies he saw, whatever. Shits on the UFC a lot, doesn't shit on Bellator enough. Thinks he's a boxing analyst and he's nowhere close.

4. 333 GANG

ACAB

This pretty much sums it up.

5. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Yeah I like Schaub for the most part. I really enjoy his Food Truck Diaries series. I used to listen to Below The Belt a lot but I sorta just stopped listening to it over time to start listening to other podcasts. I will say though, his comedy special... NOT GOOD.

oldjersey and currytheword like this.
  6. 333 GANG

ACAB

I don’t ever listen to Below the Belt (or really podcasts at all, tbh), but I’ll echo the sentiments on Food Truck Diaries. Those segments are a lot of fun.

7. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

O'Malley popped again.

t_papaccio likes this.
  8. currytheword

Trusted

Sucks. But I don’t get this whole tainted substance thing. I don’t get how PED’s are accidentally consumed and it’s kind of a played out thing to hear at this point.

Unless you’re Jones or Romero.

t_papaccio likes this.
  9. currytheword

Trusted

Like how are you taking drugs or supplements from companies who are sneaking these things into their products and there isn’t any huge crackdown revelation happening where the company is sued and shut down for breaking the law? Am I missing something here?

oldjersey likes this.
  10. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

just tried to see what time the tape delayed bellator was starting tonight and their website spoiled it for me. Very cool. Guess I won't be watching that after all.

11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yeah, Bellator tape delaying the whole thing is a cluster. Excited to watch that main event though, even knowing the result.

Good action in these UFC fights.

I won't be watching BKFC lol

12. ED954F71-4292-4E8F-A7AA-2955715298D6.jpeg

Card is nutsssssssss.

Steve_JustAGuy and oldjersey like this.
  13. Just seen this and fuck yeah. This will be a war.
    I’m legitimately shocked these two never fought.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  14. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

wow! Ortega vs KZ soon please!

15. MikeERayner

Trusted

I hope Yair is back soon.

16. MikeERayner

Trusted

Lots of good FW matchups could be made right now.

17. currytheword

Trusted

Idk why I’m not surprised.

18. 333 GANG

ACAB

Lol Paulie. A lot of talk from a guy that just lost to Artem fucking Lobov

19. currytheword

Trusted

I didn’t tune in but I’m willing to bet the fight was rather boring with a lot of Paulie running and then trying to be Lobov’s friend in the end.

20. 333 GANG

ACAB

That’s almost exactly what happened, except with Paulie making excuses and blaming the judges when he got on the mic.

currytheword likes this.
  21. currytheword

Trusted

Hahahahahaha stop it. Were there any knockdowns? I’m willing to bet Lobov was not interested in walking out of there looking the way he did last time.

22. 333 GANG

ACAB

Lobov was definitely more tentative than he was against Knight, particularly through the first 2 rounds, but Paulie looked far more gun shy the whole way. No knockdowns, but there were a few stumbles from Paulie, a couple exiting the clinch after getting hit with some short, hard shots. Not the barn burner I was hoping for (but didn’t realistically expect), but not really a bad fight either.

23. currytheword

Trusted

Oh man there were a lot of fights happening tonight and I almost completely forgot Mousasi was fighting. Sad to see his streak snapped. He’s easily one of my favorites currently in Bellator.

Also what a finish for the Korean Zombie! Came back determined after that loss to Yair. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him matched against Kattar next.

24. currytheword

Trusted

Hahaha Twitter is roasting Paulie tonight. Also caught this from Ariel just now.

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Jonny Jones is on Ariels show right now, said he plans on moving up to heavyweight sometime, not anytime soon though. Would be shocked if Cormier fought him again, doesn't think Cormier has the courage to drop all that weight to potentially lose to Jon again. Also talked about how he couldn't be less intimidated by Adesanya.

currytheword likes this.