Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 290

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. i know he recently switched camps but he really needs to go somewhere like tri-star

2. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

currytheword likes this.
  3. Caldwell did nothing on top. That was rough

4. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Main event was awesome. Rory has pretty insane submission defense. So calm and collected and knew exactly what to do to shut him down even when he inevitably got himself into some pretty dangerous situations. Can't wait for the rematch with Lima since these guys seem to be so evenly matched.

Also, why does Chael look so awkward when he gets hit? Every time he gets hit with something great, he turns flops around like he's throwing the fight or something. Nothing ever looks like it connects cleanly on him and he's never gone "out" that I know of, but he's covered up and been stopped via strikes a good handful of times now. It's so strange.

6. lmao nooooo

7. currytheword

Trusted

I was just getting ready to give a lot of praise to Bellator for this card, until this happened.

8. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

the part about his dad made me tear up. you will be missed, Chael!

t_papaccio and SpyKi like this.
  9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Chael’s record on paper wasn’t the best, but man, if you look at it from around the Anderson Silva fight, he fought nothing but big names in the second half of his career. The guy actually managed to rack up a solid resume of wins too.

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Rory looked great. Neiman needs more diverse striking. If there was a rematch I think he works to get out from under Rory instead of hanging out in the guard.

Chael didn't look good at all, but good to see him go out on his own terms. Don't think Machida has anything for either Gegard or Bader.

Bellator has failed Pico so badly. They feed all their other prospects cans for their first 10 fights but this guy gets experienced vets? Hope he spends 6-8 months at Jackson's learning.

11. 333 GANG

ACAB

In fairness, Pico asked for that kind of opposition right out of the gate. For all we know, not feeding him cans could have been part of the agreement that got him to sign with Bellator in the first place.

12. currytheword

Trusted

Machida has already beaten Mousasi once before. But Mousasi has never looked better his past few fights with Bellator and I think would pose some serious problems for Machida in a rematch.

13. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

You're probably right, but at the same time, you have to protect the guy from himself a bit. I'll flip out if they include him in the 145 tournament.

14. currytheword

Trusted

So I’m sure you guys have seen TJ’s lame ass excuse. “I only started taking this PED right when my body started to crash a few weeks out from the fight.”

As if we all forgot all the “Ive never felt better I worked my ass off and this is the best I’ve ever been. I was cheated.” Snake talking himself in circles. I didn’t like the guy before, now I can’t stand him. If everyone is saying you’ve been taking PED’s for years and then you test positive for PED’s you’re a user damn it. Stop talking, serve your suspension and prove you’re a good fighter when you come back. Don’t keep compounding lies.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  15. angrycandy

I’ve always had a ton of respect for Chael, but after hearing Brendan talk about him here, I realize that he’s also just a really great guy and I wish there were more people like him in the world tbh

16. currytheword

Trusted

Ehhh I like Chael, one of the most entertaining guys in the business. However, Sending a suspended fighter a paycheck to make up for the money they were missing out on because they cheated doesn’t really teach them a lesson. It’s showing them sympathy for cheating. And it doesn’t surprise me that it would be Chael doing that because he was caught multiple times using.

17. angrycandy

agree to disagree there because it sounds like he did that in multiple situations, not just that one :shrug:

currytheword likes this.
  18. currytheword

Trusted

I mean the only other instance in that clip citing that is Schaub’s buddy saying “I’ve heard rumors of him doing stuff like that.”

Schaub is also a known embellisher/liar so I rarely take anything he says without a grain of salt.

Still find Chael to be a great fighter and super entertaining though, no denying that.

19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I hate that I listen to Schaub.

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I love Schaub, is it cool to hate him or something?

21. currytheword

Trusted

No, but just like any other athlete or commentator of many things, there are things to dislike about him.

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Oh you mean hes HUMAN

angrycandy and currytheword like this.
  23. currytheword

Trusted

Allegedly. I haven't seen a birth certificate to confirm.

oldjersey likes this.
  24. lol over on reddit they hate the guy cause he talked about illegal streaming on a podcast and it made waves.

currytheword and oldjersey like this.
  25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

:crylaugh::crylaugh: what did he say!

currytheword likes this.