Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 289

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Faber/Cejudo would have a good amount of buzz to it at least.

currytheword likes this.
  2. currytheword

Trusted

In the post-fight interview, Henry says "I called those guys out cause i'm on a legend killing streak. I'm the legend killer. I didn't call out Sterling and Yan because they're not legends. Like come on guys, Dom Cruz vs Henry Cejudo? You wouldn't all want to see that fight?"

*conference room crickets*

Seriously somebody teach this guy to talk.

3. currytheword

Trusted

Analog Drummer likes this.
  4. lol what the hell

5. why would anyone ever challenge ethan m’fn hunt to a fight

currytheword likes this.
  6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Cejudo's just playing the game, he knows Aljo or Yan is next.

7. currytheword

Trusted

I think Sterling would be a very difficult fight for Cejudo. Especially after what I just saw with Pedro. He was getting pressured for 3 rounds and it only made him strike more.

8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Mike is a boxing report at The Athletic, so it looks like PBC might be aligning with Endeavor. Dana's been talking about revolutionizing fighting or whatever, have to suspect that this is part of it.

9. ?????

i did not expect this at all lol

10. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

LOL I was seriously just about to post the same thing with the caption as "????"

11. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I love watching Andrade so I'm excited either way. If you look at the rankings I guess it makes sense considering Rose wants some time off and Tatiana is hurt. Joanna probably would have been a better move but overall this is good.

12. Zhang is damn good and strong as fuck. I’m down for it.

Also that arena holds 60k fucking people. Wonder how that sells

13. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Damn so they're having 3 events in 4 weeks we'll get to see title fights on each one.

currytheword likes this.
  14. currytheword

Trusted

Definitely shouldn’t be Joanna. I like her, but she’s lost 3 of her last 4 fights, and those 3 fights were title fights. She needs to make up some lost ground first.

Seems like Andrade knows she’s on a hot streak, and since she left her fight with Rose relatively healthy she likely told Rose she’d fight again asap. Rose turned it down. In comes Weili who hasn’t lost a fight since 2013 and is on a 19-fight win streak. I only ever watched her last fight live which was a good one with Torres. She’s VERY popular overseas it seems so I imagine her fighting for the title in China is gonna be an epic fight for the fans there.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  15. MikeERayner

Trusted

From 0-1 to 19-1 is pretty bad ass haha

16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I like the fight. When the champ wants to go, the champ wants to go. No use waiting around for other people, let's keep the division moving.

17. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah I think it makes sense too.

Also was checking out the rankings earlier today and ffs there truly is no one to challenge Jones for the title after Santos (if he wins). Kinda does make me wonder if Rockhold or Weidman are doing what they're doing cause they both know it'll only take 1-2 fights for them in LHW to get a title shot with the current standings.

18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

They've got to get up there now, before the next generation of Rakic, Walker, Reyes etc are really ready to run shop.

currytheword likes this.
  19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah I feel like (or at least hope) LHW is going to see a transformation in the near future. It was jammed up for so long with Jon being in and out and then the bigger fights were reserved for the older guys who had big names, so we haven’t seen too many NEW contenders popping up until recently.

I know Santos and Smith have done well, but we are starting to get all these really tall and athletic guys at LHW now so I’m wondering how well some of these Middleweights will actually do by moving up.

currytheword likes this.
  20. currytheword

Trusted

I’m dying to see Rockhold vs Smith.

21. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Nice to see this booking problem has moved from ppvs to fight nights. This one was easy to see coming from months away.

MikeERayner likes this.
  22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

You just don't get this stuff in other sports haha

currytheword likes this.
  23. currytheword

Trusted

Originally posted on funnymma but I had to find it elsewhere since they’re private. I laughed.

24. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Wow. Pico goes down again.

t_papaccio likes this.
  25. Hype train has crashed

t_papaccio likes this.