Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 287

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. currytheword

Trusted

Calvin is now on a stepping stone towards getting good fights, and potentially being on some main cards with that finish of Lamas.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  2. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Rogan's commentary is so bad it's literally a meme at this point. I would say DC's far more insightful and more entertaining too but that's all just opinion. I'm sure some people would say DC is the least entertaining commentator of all time :crylaugh:

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

When I think of bad commentary I think of a ton of other people before Rogan. DC is my absolute fav tho

4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Rogan and Cruz are both insightful and good commentators but they get stuck in some bad habits sometimes. Rogan gets way too excited way too quickly and can get a little biased over something that’s not really even important to the fight (“He’s hurt! He’s hurt!”). Cruz is way too stubborn and refuses to be wrong, ever.

DC is a good combination of insightful/logical and also enthusiastic.

5. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

this fight rules. Hard to deny it as a number one contender fight after all of that.

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Rogan is the king of hyperbole

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Love Tatiana

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Have a feeling that Cowboy vs Ferguson will be the first fight on this card in a minute to NOT go to decision... Actually think I’m leaning towards Cowboy right now. Obviously El Cucuy is a savage but I think he’s too hittable to keep fighting against guys as sharp as Cerrone without paying for it.

9. currytheword

Trusted

Cowboy just came out to Kid Rock.

Tony is playing 90’s club music.

Joe just said Winningest. What is going on right now.

10. i’m so damn excited for this fight

11. Tony doesn’t look great physically :/

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

This is so fucking fun to watch

13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Tony is gonna own the third

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

What a freak

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Fuck

16. currytheword

Trusted

Wow.

17. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck. What an amazing 10 minutes. Oh my god. Sorry Dustin but Tony needs to fight Khabib.

18. preppyak

Elite Supporter

God, that punch was so late

currytheword likes this.
  19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Wait. So did they say because Cerrone blew his nose with a broken nose it made his eye puff up more!?;!!

WHAT THE FUCK

currytheword likes this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Fuckin love these dudes. So much

They should fight once a year

21. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yeah, hold your nose for a second and blow out it, you'll feel the pressure right below your eyes. So that's where the blood goes.

I use a held nose to clear out my sinuses from time to time (like, after a flight)...its kind of amazing how much pressure you can generate that way

currytheword and oldjersey like this.
  22. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Man, Chicago fans suck

333 GANG and oldjersey like this.
  23. currytheword

Trusted

Throwing trash is dumb, but they weren’t wrong. Late punches are bullshit. Treat it like any other sport.

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I didn't know who I wanted to win. But once the fight started my heart was for Tony, I just feel for him and what he suffers from and want him to excel. Plus him vs Khabib is probably a fight I want more than anything

25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It’s amazing how Tony can make great strikers look like amateurs. His pressure his absolutely insane. No one can plant their feet or get any reads because his hands are coming at you every two or three seconds. Cowboy couldn’t get off any of that pin-point striking.

currytheword and yeahrightdude like this.