Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 286

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah his interview assured me he’s good to fight. I’m excited for this card. Kind of feel like it’s being slept on, but Cerrone vs Ferguson is potentially FOTY.

Also, I hate to put negative juju out there but I get the feeling Khabib vs Poirier gets called off.

2. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

What makes you say this? Did something come up? I saw a quote or headline today that said something along the lines of "Cowboy expects to be fighting for a title in September" but I didn't have time to look into it.

3. currytheword

Trusted

Nothing specific, just have a feeling.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  4. currytheword

Trusted

The fact that he tries to embrace the cringe but only makes it worse makes it so hard to be a fan of how great Henry has been doing.

But I’ve been saying it for a year now. Marlon is gonna be the champ.

5. MikeERayner

Trusted

We can only hope!

currytheword likes this.
  6. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

looks like we got a Middleweight Title Unification date

MikeERayner likes this.
  7. currytheword

Trusted

Marlon’s striking coach was interviewed and called Cejudo the Nickelback of MMA haha.

8. Marlon finishing him.

currytheword likes this.
  9. MikeERayner

Trusted

Can't find anywhere here reporting it so not sure if it's 100% yet but boy oh boy would that be a huge weekend for Aussie sports!

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I think that makes it even better haha, but yeah, not convinced he wins this tomorrow.

currytheword likes this.
  11. currytheword

Trusted

Everybody makes weight. This is gonna be a great card. Please, somebody tell Tony not to use sunglasses indoors for 24 hours.

oldjersey and yeahrightdude like this.
  12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Marlon, Shev, Ferguson, Yan, Tuivasa
    Suarez, Sterling, Karolina, Kattar

EDDIE WINELAND on the card, wow.

Lot of good WMMA on this card.

currytheword and yeahrightdude like this.
  13. currytheword

Trusted

My picks are the same.

14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Called Cejudo over TJ but I actually think I got Marlon in this one. Not having to cut down to 125 might make him a different animal though.

currytheword likes this.
  15. currytheword

Trusted

I certainly won't count him out, but I definitely think Marlon has been the most impressive bantamweight i've seen in action in a few years. Whether it would've been Cejudo or TJ, Marlon would take it in my eyes. he also generally looks completely un-phased by weight cuts. He's got peak physique, striking is no joke, and he seems to walk around at 135-145 lbs regularly.

16. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Weidman just announced he's moving up to LHW

17. currytheword

Trusted

Yikes. I'm no professional, but that doesn't sound like the right move for him. He definitely does cut weight, but also isn't THAT big of a guy. He'll 100% have to put on some muscle mass. which in turn will slow him down a bit and not what I think he should be doing.

But hey, if Rockhold and Weidman all wanna go fight Jones, i'm sure he's willing to after Santos.

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Damn so Marlon has a shot tonight? Idk if I've ever watched him

currytheword likes this.
  19. He’s the favorite to win I believe

oldjersey and currytheword like this.
  20. currytheword

Trusted

He was a serious force in World Series and also was their Bantamweight champ. Never lost a fight with the promotion. Early in his career he fought a little recklessly, but since then is an entirely different fighter. The only fight he's lost since 2011 was against Assuncao in his UFC debut (split decision, I think he won), which he rectified in his last fight with a 1st round finish.

oldjersey likes this.
  21. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

God damn Rogan is fucking trash. I don't think he got a single thing right there.

22. currytheword

Trusted

In regards to what?

23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

He kept saying chookagian was hurt and talking about how she needed to hurry up because she was down on the cards. In her post fight interview she said she was never really that hurt at any point. She was never down either. She even got a 30-27 on one card.

24. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah those guys all get ahead of themselves sometimes, especially when they’re expected to be able to create consistent coverage talk throughout a fight. I’d likely suck at it too haha. Would be many long pauses with my mouth open.

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I mean I wouldn't call Rogan trash, he much more entertaining than most commentators in any sport