Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 284

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. MikeERayner

Trusted

Damn, Olivera!

2. MikeERayner

Trusted

Ugh, Megan sucks

3. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit

4. MikeERayner

Trusted

5. MikeERayner

Trusted

Not feeling this fight.

6. MikeERayner

Trusted

Bye Kevin.

7. I’m at the bar and drunk as all fuck but RDA is still top tier

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I can’t believe a fighter as good as Megan still has such obvious holes in her game. I root for her every time, but come on man.

Also so glad RDA won. I completely understand how exhausting that clinch game up against the fence is, but I was going to lose it if Lee won a decision that way. Winning via ‘wall and stall’ is my most hated aspect of the sport even though I can’t argue against it. Haha.

9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Solid win for RDA, not sure what Kevin Lee does, he's in a hard place. Same with Megan, which was downright disappointing to watch.

I watch too much MMA, so I remembered Pereiera from Road FC, but he was a revelation tonight. Oliveria was something else too, he could use a boost in competition again.

currytheword likes this.
  10. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Ngannou vs Dos Santos was moved from Vegas to the week before to replace Woodley Lawler. 239 is stacked to the gils and now we get one of the better fights early. I'll take it.

currytheword likes this.
  11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Agreed. I knew 239 was stacked, but actually looking at the fights, good word. Think Ngannou is going to clobber Junior with ease.

12. MikeERayner

Trusted

Haha Justin Willis is no longer

13. Lutador do UFC Alex Cowboy agride ex e pilota moto com filho de 5 meses, diz polícia

UFC fighter Alex Cowboy is wanted by police after assaulting his ex-wife and riding a motorcycle holding his five-month-old son in Tres Rios, RJ. The case happened on Saturday morning (25) at his parents' home in the Morada do Sol neighborhood.

According to information from the Civil Police, the ex-wife, 24, was the residence for her son to pay a visit. However, the fighter would have arrived exalted, drunk and wanting to ride the bike with the baby. According to the young woman's testimony, he would have pulled her hair, punched it, broken glass and a door to the house.

Police said Alex was able to get on the bike and took his son without a helmet. The baby was left with his sister, on the Açude road. The fighter then fled and had not been located until the publication of this report.

According to police, this was the second mess the fighter was involved on Saturday. Around 5:30 p.m., he argued with a security guard - with whom he would already have quarrels - as he left a party on Capri Island. He would have made threats to the man, who testified at the police station.

The two cases are investigated in the police station of Três Rios, where the fighter was charged with the crimes of bodily injury, injury and threat.

The G1 got in touch with fighter Alex Cowboy but got no return.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  14. currytheword

Trusted

Wow. That’s super shitty. I’d guess this will end his career.

15. Theodorou and Wilson Reis has been released

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

I don’t care that Theodorou is a fellow Canadian, he’s a fucking nightmare to have to watch “fight.” Good riddance.

17. currytheword

Trusted

Urijah Faber is officially coming back. Interesting.

18. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Oh my god! Yoel won his case against Gold Star Performance Products. Awarded $27,450,000

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

BRO

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Ariel is right, that is an absurd amount of money lol early retirement for Yoel? (Early as in "He's still in peak condition", not early age for a fighter)

currytheword and yeahrightdude like this.
  21. currytheword

Trusted

The posts on social networks from fighters are so funny. Can not believe he was awarded that much.

22. currytheword

Trusted

Holy shit that was wild watching Fishgold circle around trying to get out of that hold. Held out for a long time.

23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit. Rakic was a dude I thought deserved a lot more hype than he seems to have but WOW he'll get it now.

Really hope Manuwa is okay after that my god.

currytheword likes this.
  24. currytheword

Trusted

DAMN MANUWA JUST GOT HIS HEAD KICKED INTO OBLIVION. That was insane.

25. currytheword

Trusted

This is gonna be a good fight. I expect some solid work from both in the first round.