Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 283

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Not mad about Frankie getting that title shot considering how much he got screwed when McGregor was running the show. He also really could have sat back and waited for Max instead of taking the Ortega fight short notice. That said, Alex is 100% on a better run and the clear number 1 contender. Although from today's news, it looks like he has bigger things to worry about at the moment.

yeahrightdude and currytheword like this.
  2. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah I would imagine it just came down to Max and Frankie being ready to fight, plenty of people wanting to see that fight, and the timing of Alex's fight with Jose from which they likely couldn't bank on him being able to fight again so soon after. Frankie and Max I expect to be a great fight. Love both guys, and that card is starting to look like the best of the year.

My roommate is a huge Diaz brothers fan and a huge Showtime fan. The possibility of the two of them fighting never seemed likely, but now he's been beyond pumped. Thinks Pettis is gonna take it too.

3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

The thing about the Frankie fight is that I just don't see a way where it's competitive, but I suppose that's why they make the fights. Think Max is going to steamroll him. Diaz been off for too long, Pettis going to torch him.

4. currytheword

Trusted

That's what we assume but that's also what makes MMA so fun and my favorite sport. I can't even count how many fights in the last 6 months that have happened where we've seen the betting favorite dominate the first round and then get taken out in the second.

I can't stand the Diaz brothers but I wouldn't sleep on either of them in a million years for a fight.

5. currytheword

Trusted

Did none of us catch the fact that Ortega vs Zabit is looking to be set for UFC240? Or did I just completely miss that discussion.

6. MikeERayner

Trusted

I saw last week(?) that it was in the works. Is it set?

currytheword likes this.
  7. MikeERayner

Trusted

???

8. currytheword

Trusted

9. 333 GANG

ACAB

Magny failed a drug test.

10. MikeERayner

Trusted

currytheword likes this.
  11. currytheword

Trusted

Ugh that sucks to read. I don’t understand how many great fighters these guys need to watch ruin their reps/careers before they start realizing the risk is not worth it. Look at TJ. Doing the absolute worst you can do and still lost. I don’t get it! I obviously know I don’t deal with the pressure they’re under to succeed, but at this point the writing is on the wall.

12. currytheword

Trusted

13. Sage got KO’d in ONE this morning

14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Cosmo is great at striking so that's no surprise.

15. Also, Tonon took another leg home with him. Dude is a master to watch.

16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

All the heel hooks I've done, it never even crossed my mind to put a foot on the shoulder to prevent hand fighting, blew my mind when I saw that. Tonon is such a monster.

17. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Sage Northcutt stinks

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Woodley fight has been called off, hand injury.

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

hollyyyyyyyy fuckkkkkkkkkkk at that Sage KO

20. currytheword

Trusted

Not surprising. It's a shame to see that happen to both Eddie and Sage looking for fresh starts elsewhere, but that's the game. Sage could dominate in Kickboxing and Karate but he gets hit with overhand rights literally every fight he's in and never adapts.

21. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Welterweights on notice after that. New star in the making if USADA doesn't find anything

22. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Rochester is getting a helluva show tonight.

slowheart likes this.
  24. MikeERayner

Trusted

Just tuned in during that last fight. Crowd seems real into it!

yeahrightdude likes this.
  25. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

They've had great fights so far leading up to it and that was a hometown guy so they got super into it.

MikeERayner likes this.