Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 282

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Damn...

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I've never seen a KO like that personally. I'm sure it's happened. But I've never seen that

3. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Knowing Rose had neck issues that kept her out for so long that was horrifying. Mixed feelings. What a weird night.

4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Wow that was....crazy. Whenever that almost happened in the first round, I was honestly confused when DCs were saying that the kimura was a counter to that slam. To me, it looked like she put herself right in that exact danger so I couldn't believe they were acting as though that was an intelligent defense (I guess I don't understand the nuance of it). Maybe they thought it would deter her from even attempting the slam?

What's wild is that this could very well mean the return of Joanna as the champion.

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yup that was my first thought, Joanna is my girl

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Although @slowheart has an interesting take on Joanna :crylaugh:

7. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

So let's summarize tonight...

Aldo outstruck for three rounds, Anderson Silva taken out by leg kicks, Rose dethroned by a slam, Chandler KOed in one minute by a featherweight.... MMA is weird, man.

8. 333 GANG

ACAB

No way Joanna makes 115 after getting implants lol

Analog Drummer likes this.
  9. currytheword May 11, 2019
    (Last edited: May 12, 2019)
    currytheword

Trusted

That was a wild night for MMA. All over the place. I think my favorite part was a showboating Venom getting clowned so badly. Reminiscent of Silva vs Weidman.

10. Yeah this was my take haha. Not even being weird about it. That certainly factors in

Analog Drummer and 333 GANG like this.
  11. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

12. MikeERayner

Trusted

Woah

13. currytheword

Trusted

I guess there’s nothing like losing your first title by being dropped on your head. She kind of has always struck me as a bit fragile, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see her walk after a KO slam like that.

14. Man that sucked. I hate that for Rose.

That KO didn’t impress me at all. It was complete luck. She wasn’t intending to KO her with a slam. It was a strong move to try and gain control but so lucky it ended the match. I hope Rose recovers and goes for a rematch. She deserves it and I think she’d smoke Andrade again but hopefully with a more fortunate result.

SpyKi likes this.
  15. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I feel so fucking bad for Anderson :-/

hope he retires now. he has absolutely nothing left to prove

Analog Drummer likes this.
  16. currytheword

Trusted

Rose was landing plenty of jabs and counter rights, but her power wasn’t always there. Jessica was able to power through and eat those punches while still keeping pressure. Where Rose was faster, Jessica was stronger.

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Not gonna lie, I didn’t even know she got that done but it’s definitely more common nowadays (Paige, Claudia, etc.) for whatever reason.

I feel the same though. I know the girls want to look good but I guess I don’t get adding extra (uncuttable) weight to your body when you already struggle with the cut.

18. currytheword

Trusted

I just watched Page vs Lima again. Probably my favorite KO of the year so far (weird to say it's from Bellator for the first time in a while). The leg sweep was effortless for Lima and Page got up like it was no big deal his opponent was standing right in front of him. Kind of a rookie move imho.

We all talked about what would happen when he stepped in the cage with somebody worthwhile, and it couldn't have been more clear we were all accurate that his hype was way overblown.

19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

MVP definitely should have sat back and spun his feet towards Lima, poor choice on his part. Not sure the hype train is completely derailed with him though, there's no shame in losing to Lima.

currytheword likes this.
  20. currytheword

Trusted

Definitely not shameful, but him showboating in the first round and partially in the second gave me a bit of satisfaction to see him get a wake up call. Now he has the potential to learn and be even better.

21. 333 GANG

ACAB

Frankie getting the title shot over Volkanovski is nonsense.

22. MikeERayner

Trusted

Straight up freaking dumb.

23. MikeERayner

Trusted

& most likely only because they need a headliner for UFC240 and can't afford for Max and Alex to wait until whenever the Aussie card is.

24. currytheword

Trusted

Could also be a sign that Frankie is looking to retire soon.

Also Magny pulled out of his fight this coming weekend. Bummer.

25. 333 GANG

ACAB

Maybe Magny saw the odds on him and thought better lol