Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 276

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. currytheword

Trusted

Actually do wanna catch that one.

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I hope Machida fucking ROCKS him

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

MSG too, god damn, good for bellator

4. Wow. Jacare might lose this.

5. Forgot this was five rounds. He won’t lose nvm lmao

6. currytheword

Trusted

Well, good job Dana. You waited him out long enough and threw enough young, lower ranked talent at him to keep Jacare away from the belt. Likely for good at this point.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Rory fight is startin in a few

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Fantastic fight; Hermansson had a huge gas tank. Excited to see what he can do in the future

9. Hermansson looked outstanding. But unfortunately, that’s probably it for Jacare in terms of fighting for a belt or getting right there (unless he has a Bisping route).

currytheword likes this.
  10. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Sad for Jac but jack looked fantastic. Some great Bellator fights tonight too. Hopefully Rory actually shows up this time.

11. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah I by no means take away from Jack, but this is exactly what the UFC and Dana wanted. Now they can say “hey, ya know we promised him but he lost so maybe in another 6-10 fights.”

12. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

What is taking so long?

13. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Oh wow

14. how on earth do you call that a draw hahaha

15. currytheword

Trusted

Lmao stop it. I turned it off after the bell rang and now I’m dying of laughter reading this. Great job Bellator judges.

16. Rory’s interview was even weirder lmao

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Bro. Same. Rory's interview was a can't miss apparently too. Fuck

18. currytheword

Trusted

I just watched and oh wow.

So, you’re realizing after your fight where you just defended a title in a headlining match that it’s just kinda not smackin’ the spot for you now? And your explanation is that over the years you’ve found God who whispered sweet nothings in your ear and took away your ability to finish a match?

Well, ok.

19. Hearing Rory say he doesn’t think he has the same drive to hurt people anymore made me kinda sad in a strange way.

He’s had a weird career. Very hyped prodigy. Was said to be the heir of the division whenever GSP retired. Has been pretty damn successful regardless.

Dude is a dad now and is starting to become more religious from things I’ve read and he’s taken some fucking beatings.

20. Lawler crushed his soul and Mousasi took the rest of it tbh

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Just watched Rorys post fight thing. I respect it immensely, he came off as very authentic and raw in there, fighters never do that. I think what he is experiencing is what a decent amount of fighters go through, they just never articulate it. Pacquaio damn well went through the same stuff, he may have even said it in interviews,but not in the middle of the ring.

22. currytheword

Trusted

It’s weird time to try and articulate that though when you’re in the middle of a Grand Prix as the defending champ lol. I know they don’t get a lot of time to think of their response, but regardless I wouldn’t think it would be even in the same ballpark haha.

I loved watching Rory fight. If this is close to the end for him he’d go out with a fan in me.

oldjersey likes this.
  23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

People who will talk about God that openly in that moment really go off of feelings and emotion and think everything is a sign lol. I won't knock it some of it is valid.

currytheword likes this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

why the fuck did greg hardy get a second fight?

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

because he gets attention and Dana White is a scumbag

currytheword likes this.