Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 274

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Max/Conor 2 would be great. Max clearly has an incredible chin though so I think he could gas out Conor in the first couple rounds and then just dominate him, so I would love to watch that.

In my mind Khabib destroys Poirier but I really know nothing about Poirier's ground game.

2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

The match ups against Khabib are interesting because a lot of these guys can beat Khabib if they can just create the opportunity to land something. He has obvious holes in his stand up and is not quite as dominating of a force past round 3 or so.

Unless you can somehow land the big shot in the first couple of rounds (which would be Conor or Dustin's best chance), I think you have to have a great gas tank and a good ground game to exploit openings in his sloppy take downs as he tires. I think that's why Dustin has a better chance than Conor but worse chance than Tony, stylistically. Tony can strike without worrying about the takedowns as much because he can threaten him that way. Dustin is kind of a toss up there.

oldjersey likes this.
  3. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Haven't been on here in a bit, but DAMN the main and co-main were both bangers. Kelvin was Israel's best test so far and it was Israel's endurance that won him that 5th round. You could see how gassed Kelvin was by that last round. Looking forward I think Adesanya and Whitaker is a good matchup. I know Adesanya wants to take time off after this so we won't see that till the end of the year which I think is appropriate and earned by Israel.

I had Holloway beating Porier but I wasn't shocked at all by the way it played out. Holloway's streak is finally snapped. Great fight. Porier vs Khabib is interesting but I expect a Khabib mauling unless Porier can land some big strikes.

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Jon Jones and Adesanya are stirring it up

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Adesanya should stay as far away from Jones as he can.

6. MikeERayner

Trusted

Why is it even a topic? It’s such a gap in weight. Does Izzy even cut to make 185? I wouldn’t want to see it at 205.

7. I believe Jones mentioned him first during a TMZ interview. And then it went from there.

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah sadly I think Jones' criticism holds some weight... Izzy was fighting a kickboxing match against a wrestler who is pretty short and even got badly rocked a couple of times. I think Jones would probably do whatever he wanted in that fight. haha.

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Can anyone beat Jones though? Right now? No way

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Gotta be a heavyweight I would presume. Even still, there's just no one that's a bad match up for him 100% of the time really.

11. I honestly think someone like Stipe could beat him. Which is funny since DC beat him.

MMA Math is always fun.

Prime Cain was always someone most fans thought could beat him. I think Reem would’ve gotten it done too before his chin got shot.

currytheword likes this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I just feel like Jon is too technical for him but, size could definitely be a factor in that one

13. currytheword

Trusted

Since it was mentioned, how crazy was that head kick Gastelum landed in like the 3rd or 4th round? Figured he probably pulled his groin getting his foot that high off the ground. I was screaming.

14. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

16. currytheword

Trusted

Very sad to read. Wish her the absolute best.

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Just checked, apparently she's been moving her fingers and toes and actually opening her eyes a bit, so they are fairly certain she'll come out of it. Just crazy that the surgery went fine and then she apparently had a reaction to the anesthesia.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

yeahrightdude likes this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Overeem looks different.

currytheword likes this.
  20. Give me back middleweight Reem

21. Winn draws someone EIGHT inches taller in his debut.

22. Analog Drummer

Regular

Qudos Bank Arena baby 20k people who really want to be there desperately

MikeERayner likes this.
  23. MikeERayner

Trusted

Oh ideally it’s not a stadium and an indoor arena instead!