Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 273

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Dana White must be pretty pleased tonight; stellar fights all around

2. Think Dustin takes this.

Max had one of the best winning streaks I've ever seen.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I think they give it to max

4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I had Dustin 49-45. I called him winning but sheesh haha

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

good for him

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Great speech

7. MikeERayner

Trusted

Max is a bit of a broken record huh?

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Henry likes this.
  9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Did you see how many times he got blasted in the head!?!?

MikeERayner likes this.
  10. MikeERayner

Trusted

Haha I know, I know.

11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Damn great couple of fights. I’m really happy for Dustin, he’s had several setbacks but he always said he could be champ at 155. Can’t believe he’s right up there.

Also glad Max still looked good too despite losing. He just looked like he was undersized and overpowered. Obviously that reach advantage is pretty key to his success but he was still highly competitive without it. Makes me a little less optimistic about his potential move to Lightweight though.

12. For as great as Dustin looked, I just don’t think he has anything for Khabib.

I wouldn’t of picked Max over Khabib either.

13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

My gut says Dustin makes Khabib pay every time he gets close though. Most likely, Khabib gets him down and mauls him like he's done to everyone else, but he's shown he's hittable (especially as the fight goes on). So it'll be interesting.

I still maintain that Tony is the only one in the division who I would confidently choose against Khabib.

14. currytheword

Trusted

I’m honestly surprised it was scored the way it was. By volume of strikes landed, I’d thought Max had done better. Respect to Poirer. Great card all around.

15. MikeERayner

Trusted

I wanted Dustin to win but thought Max would get it and would be the better match up against Khabib. Now, who knows!

16. MikeERayner

Trusted

Dana confirms “a stadium in Australia”

Analog Drummer likes this.
  17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Analog Drummer and MikeERayner like this.
  18. currytheword

Trusted

Man, those fights last night. Israel rising to the occasion under serious pressure and he got it done. Him vs Whittaker is going to be amazing I can’t wait.

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Adesanya is easily a favorite now of mine.

20. currytheword

Trusted

3 PofN bonuses and 2 FotN bonuses out of 6 fights in the UFC so far. Insanity.

21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Not to mention all six of those fights have taken place within the last 14 months lol wtf man.

But I’m guessing between Whittaker still being out and Israel finally taking some significant damage, he’ll actually wait more than two months between fights this time.

currytheword likes this.
  22. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah most definitely. He'll be waiting on Whittaker's schedule which, at times, has proven difficult.

23. currytheword

Trusted

yeahrightdude likes this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

currytheword likes this.
  25. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I'm incredibly intrigued by Adesanya and Whitaker. Should Adesanya get past him, I'd REALLY like to see him fight Yoel.

In terms of Poirier, I really like him and have for a while now but as it was mentioned here, I don't think anybody outside of Tony matches up real well with Khabib. I'd like to see Conor-Max 2.

SpyKi likes this.