Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 258

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I love Urijah, but he won't be able to walk after Nicky Ryan takes his knee with him at Polaris.

2. currytheword

Trusted

This is all very true.

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

DAZN just doubled their membership price, so they are trying what I hope UFC ultimately goes to, pay 20 bucks a month and you get the PPVs.

4. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Woah! A One Championship commercial during March madness games! That’s exciting!

5. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I didn’t realize that aljo va moraes fight was over a year ago already. Seems like it was more recent to me. Originally I thought Aljo didn’t really deserve a rematch considering how scary and early his KO was but knowing it would happen at least 18 months after their first fight and they’ve both fought 3 times since I think I’m turned around on the idea.

I honestly don’t even think Dana is considering anyone but Cejudo though so they need to book Aljo vs Munhoz on the same card for a title eliminator/backup.

6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I don't hate it to be honest. The year subscription is cheaper than what I'm paying now, so it's all good. The boxing offerings are far better than their MMA, but watching Canelo/GGG/Joshua for $100 a year is a steal.

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah what seems to happen is though is that giant demographic of people that just like the big name fights will just subscribe for one month and then make sure to cancel right after the big fight. Who knows though, there's gotta be a portion of people who do that then forget to unsubscribe.

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This is why I'm glad the PPVs for UFC are moving over to ESPN+. At least that way, you can just pay for the one subscription and watch the entire card before deciding if you want to spend the extra money for the PPV. Right now, we pay for ESPN+ to watch all of the prelims but then have to buy a damn month's subscription just to even have the OPTION of buying the (already expensive) PPV.

9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Got to think Thompson takes this one tomorrow. Blaydes/Willis should be a good one.

10. Yeah I got Wonderboy.

Pettis moving up still confuses me.

11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Pettis is one of those guys where you really wonder what went wrong (be it USADA, personal life, injuries, etc.) Towards the end of the WEC and his initial UFC run, he seemed like a damn prodigy. All of his losses have been against the absolute top competition, but I count him out in almost every fight nowadays which is weird when you think back to 2014/2015. Typically when a guy is jumping around weight classes, it's a sign he doesn't really know what to do to improve his situation.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

He's a weird case for sure. Went from losing only by decision, to now getting finished. Not quite sure if that's a decline, change in tactics, or both.

13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah right off the bat it was easy to say that there was just a formula for squeaking out a decision with grappling, but then he started getting beat in striking matches and stopped quite a bit. Probably a number of factors.

That said, I'm still pulling for Wonderboy tomorrow. If he has a good win (even against a LW) he'll be right back into the title picture like he never left. Really, having Woodley as the champ was the only reason we never talked about him getting another shot but now is a perfect opportunity to get back into the conversation. Masvidal is really the only other one besides Colby and Ben who are in the running right now, but Wonderboy has a win over Masvidal.

14. MikeERayner

Trusted

With football season here in Oz starting this weekend I’m signing up to a sports streaming service that we have for $25/month which will get me all the sports channels that are on pay tv here. I’ll get all ufc cards minus PPV. It’s only relatively new so I was holding out until football season to sign up

15. currytheword

Trusted

I like both fighters a lot. I’m just hoping for a good fight. Hopefully Pettis doesn’t allow for a stalemate.

16. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Wow! That was a really fun fight.

17. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I swear Bryce heard DC say Moffett was up on the score card. Right after that he sparked up and went crazy.

18. MikeERayner

Trusted

This chick is NOT becoming the youngest champ.

19. MikeERayner

Trusted

Hahahahaha I knew that would happen. Anyone got a cloth to wipe the egg of my face?

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That girl has pretty impressive power behind her shots. Not sure about the future champ stuff but she’s fun to watch.

21. MikeERayner

Trusted

Crazy that she normally fights at 115 too

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Cormier commentating makes watching soooooo muchhhhhh better. He is my absolute favorite

Analog Drummer and yeahrightdude like this.
  23. MikeERayner

Trusted

Oof that’s tugging at my heart strings right there

oldjersey likes this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Those are the best

25. MikeERayner

Trusted

I think this fight is cementing Moraes v Cejudo.