Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 257

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Moraes vs Munhoz/Sterling would be great. Throw Cejudo vs Benavidez on the card too and let's see what happens.

t_papaccio likes this.
  2. currytheword

Trusted

Moraes could likely steamroll Munhoz. Henry vs anybody is interesting enough in that I wonder if there even is anyone around that weight who is a worthy challenger, outside of Dillashaw/Moraes.

3. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I'm guessing they do any combination of the fights mentioned above. Moraes being in one of the slots is a no-brainer, but I guess it depends on what their plan is for the flyweights. If they are going to keep them around for a bit, do Cejudo/Benavidez rematch, but if they're really dissolving it then I would go with Moraes vs. Cejudo for the vacant.

4. currytheword

Trusted

Cejudo is 100% worthy of a bantamweight title shot. I hope that is what’s in store next.

5. currytheword

Trusted

Wtf is happening yo. Champions are losing left and right. Flags everywhere. Fighters are being lost over money disputes and going elsewhere to fight. Masvidal is starting backstage brawls. Khabib is out for a year.

....yet, Jon Jones is having a good time and is on a good fight streak. Weird times right now.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Exactly, fucking karma.

currytheword likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Cejudo is one of the most refreshing dudes in UFC right now.

8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Cejudo's cringey, but he seems like a nice dude. Someone wrote that he's a modern day Tito when it comes to promoting himself and I can't unsee that now.

I'd be fine with him getting a shot at bantamweight, but if they do that, just announce that flyweight is dead so we can all move on.

Analog Drummer and yeahrightdude like this.
  9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Tottttttally cringey, but you look around and he's just a good representative of what an MMA fighter should be

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This company is fucked up but none of it matters with the ESPN deal. Not to mention the huge extension Dana just signed. Ugh

11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

There really aren't too many "normal" divisions right now huh? Crazy when you break it out.

WSW: Rose is finally fighting again after a huge layoff
    FW: Maybe dead...who knows
    WFL: Finally fine after the inaugural champ didn't fight for over a year, but how many fighters do they even have?
    BW: Champ jumped divisions and lost, popped, vacated
    WBW: Does Amanda even have a fight scheduled? She has two belts but no challengers?
    FW: Max is jumping up to lightweight. Of course.
    WFW: Maybe dead...who knows
    LW: Champ suspended, about six fights you could make for the vacant belt yet they use Max for an interim fight. The real #1 contender is out because of a psychotic break.
    WW: Champ lost, things are otherwise normal
    MW: Champ is out...AGAIN. Another interim fight. Ugh.
    LHW: Actually.....somehow back to normal. Except that the champ is somehow given a pass for failing 50% of drug tests.
    HW: Also kind of normal but the champ will probably vacate soon.

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Someday, before I die, i'll be able to analyze the UFC like @Mrk_Brdshw

Prob not tho.

13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It's called OVER analyzing. Don't learn it. haha.

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I just over analyze every single meaningless thing that happens in my life, but that's it.

15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Normal in the sense that the champ lost to a guy who leap frogged the interim champ after the UFC stripped the interim champ for...reasons lol

This sport is so stupid 90% of the time.

currytheword likes this.
    currytheword likes this.
  17. Thought he’d be moving up for Jones tbh

currytheword likes this.
  18. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Kevin Lee moving up to fight RDA.

currytheword and slowheart like this.
  19. currytheword

Trusted

Interesting that Rockhold would take a fight with Jan first. Figured he’d sit out until a title shot was offered.

20. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

the way Rockhold has been talking lately he must have seen Santos' KO and expects to just walk right through Jan to the Jones fight.

currytheword likes this.
  21. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

LOL

Analog Drummer likes this.
  22. Faber teasing a fight (bare knuckle) on his IG

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Conor's asking for shares of the company to fight. Fook this guy.

24. currytheword

Trusted

He’s been asking since he became a double champ. I see both sides of it. It’s a slippery slope to put a currently competing athlete in that type of position, not to mention they’ve already given Conor everything he’s asked for before. He’s not happy though that there were a few celebrities sold small shares of the company, who only got involved after his stardom made the value of the company rise dramatically. They now profit off of his work. Conor being responsible for 5 of the 6 highest grossing UFC events in history, I can see how it looks to him.

Also, looks like we were right on the money yesterday.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah I know he's been asking for a while but it was much more feasible when he was champ champ and had no felonies haha

currytheword likes this.