Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 256

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. "New ESPN+ subscribers will get one-year of ESPN+ and a UFC PPV event for $79.99"

2. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

That’s irritating. I’d rather have 1 ppv for ~$20 than $5 off

3. I don't hate this but it could be an inconvenience for quite a lot of people.

At a glance, this mostly hurts the fighters with PPV points.
    This will 1000% make PPV buy-rates drop unless it's someone absolutely massive fighting in the main event or ESPN is actively pushing this on their broadcasts.

UFC just got a fuck ton of money from ESPN. I wonder if/when they'll look at something like the WWE Network and try to go that route. They could still do this and have no issues with their current TV deal.

I'd pay way more than I do for the Network to get a proper UFC streaming service that offers all PPVs as long as you're a monthly sub. $24.99/$29.99 per month would be a no brainer for me as a fan.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  4. Usman on JRE podcast rn.

He only walks around at 188. I’m actually surprised mother fuckers

Analog Drummer likes this.
  5. currytheword

Trusted

That’s still 18 pounds of weight that man cuts in a likely week and a half time span come fight time. The fact that he performs as he does with such high stamina is like an anomaly in human nature haha.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The prices of these shows are so crazy. Don't know how period still pay for them. Bless the internet and illegal streams.

7. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

With the new deal I think they change to EST permanently for PPV.

currytheword likes this.
  8. USADA by KO

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Lol Jesus

10. currytheword

Trusted

Even his nipples have muscles.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  11. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I was never a big fan of Usman until his JRE. Just finished it and I really enjoyed it. Seems like a real genuine guy.

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

We all know where the real action is this weekend.

slowheart likes this.
  13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

made me like him less tbh

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Get outta here geek

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It looks like they are starting to go the WWE route, are the details out on how much ESPN paid for this? Because it makes sense to NOT bank on PPV money and just sign MEGA tv deals.

16. $750 million I believe

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Fuuuuuck, yeah fuck PPVS then.

18. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I hope that eventually all UFC events will be on network tv just like any other sport and I think that's the direction they're going in

not sure if people agree or disagree ( I would imagine you'd all agree because who wants to pay if you can get it for free?) but I think it would be a good thing

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I dont think network tv, but for a 10-20 dollar a month membership type of deal through ESPN.

oldjersey likes this.
  21. currytheword

Trusted

I don’t care about Nate Diaz anymore.

22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

It's too early for this.

yeahrightdude and currytheword like this.
  23. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Ohhhhhh boy

24. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

TJ's had a rough few months. Sheesh.

25. currytheword

Trusted

That’s some shitty karma coming full circle. Now I don’t have to hear him say “I was 100%, better than ever prepared for that fight than anyone and got robbed” anymore.

I said Marlon Moraes would become the next champ. While this isn’t exactly what I expected, he’ll likely have it by summer.