Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 230

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

That Cerrone picture reminds me that I had to unfollow him and Rose from Instagram because they both follow wildly racist ass accounts so the explore feature always shows me the most bigoted and ignorant shit you can imagine.

I expected it from Cowboy but I was surprised to see it from Rose. Really makes it hard to cheer for them.

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Im a huge ETID fan and Jordan Buckley's (guitarist) wife follows some deep MAGA and alt right shit, it's super awkward.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  3. currytheword

Trusted

I like Ngannou. Seems genuine through and through, and he's exciting to watch. One of few exciting heavyweights left atm.

Dana stated that DC is still injured, but that they have a title fight lined up for him when he's ready and it isn't Ngannou. I don't really know who that leaves besides Stipe that should even remotely be mentioned for a title shot atm.

Really with Rose? I have never had that happen yet where my explorer brings up things of this sort. Cerrone is definitely getting the unfollow today cause i'm not about seeing supportive Trump posts. Rose is playing the sweet and innocent card too often if she's somebody who finds racism funny.

4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah I could definitely see Cowboy just not giving a shit about things like that. He reminds me of a lot of the more redneck people I know; friendly and likable personality on the outside, probably a ton of fun to hang out with......while still holding some pretty ignorant beliefs/having a distasteful sense of humor.

Edit: Regarding the DC title fight - I feel like I've heard a lot more buzz around a rematch with Stipe lately. I didn't like his constantly complaints after the fight, but now it's caught some traction since DC has finally started to bite a little bit. Wouldn't doubt if they made the fight happen. No idea who else it could be if not Francis, honestly.

currytheword and yeahrightdude like this.
  5. currytheword

Trusted

She's the fucking worst kind. The Qanon kind. Mind-blowingly dumb people believe that shit. Happy Jordan has openly stated he's not a supporter and shits on trump.

oldjersey and yeahrightdude like this.
  6. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I remember Rose talking to Ariel about how she was horrified that Antifa was going to riot during UFC217 because of some dumbass alt right conspiracy theory. Then I started seeing a bunch of race science and homophobic/transphobic shit pop up and every time I clicked on the pictures it was always posted by a "conservative comedian" and "followed by Rose Namajunas".

I still hope that this is just one of those instances where she doesn't actually use instagram and her social media manager just follows any and every account instagram recommends for her but I don't know...

Like you said she seems too sweet and innocent to truly be interested in that kind of trash but I could just be projecting.

7. Could be JDS if he beats Lewis.

Or it could be Jones.....again

8. MikeERayner

Trusted

Anyone see the clip on the UFC's youtube channel of Megan with Dana? Nate Diaz was there last night, said hello to Dana mid interview. Megan asked Dana if we'll see him soon, Dana couldn't have said no quicker haha

currytheword and t_papaccio like this.
  9. currytheword

Trusted

I still don’t believe DC will take another fight with Jones. Especially now. He’ll play it off like a “Jones doesn’t deserve to fight me” deal, but we all know what it really is.

10. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah I have no idea really what Rose is like outside of the octagon. When she got interviewed by Rogan after her win over Joanna, she sounded like she lives her life closeted from the world with Pat Barry helping her make all her life decisions. I could see him being the one following that crap.

11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

No, DC would take a fight with Jones, which is the problem here haha.

12. currytheword

Trusted

His initial reactions to Jones’ callout didn’t seem like he would. He looks at Jones as a complete cheat and negates both his wins. I’d watch it but I find it highly unlikely that’s the planned title fight Dana is sitting on.

13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I wouldn't doubt it if Jon and DC were done. I don't think Jon wants to chase DC to heavyweight and I doubt DC is interested in cutting down to 205 when he's already got the belt at heavyweight. I'd still love to see a third fight because that's my favorite rivalry in the sport.

That said, for the interest of the heavyweight division, I want to see some combination of DC, Stipe, and Francis in the next two fights now that Cain is out of the picture. Then if Jones has proven he can stay clean and out of trouble by then, he can move up and challenge for the belt.

currytheword likes this.
  14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

DC is a competitor, and he wants those losses back, he'll fight Jones whenever he can. He still talks about going down to 205, he'd fight Jones if UFC offered it. I'd imagine UFC is waiting for DC to be clear on his retirement plans/Jones on his heavyweight plans to set up their final fight.

Give me DC/Brock, Francis with the winner of Lewis/JDS, Stipe vs the loser
    or
    DC/Jones, Francis/Brock, Stipe/Lewis or JDS

Analog Drummer and yeahrightdude like this.
  15. Francis/Brock is legitimately interesting.

Brock would have zero issue getting him down imo but Francis has so much power that he could probably KO Brock off his back or some shit.

I know Francis’ power has become a meme with the car comparisons but the amount of force that dude can create with little space is actually terrifying.

And that’s a good old fashioned hoss fight. Which we all love.

Steve_JustAGuy and yeahrightdude like this.
  16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'll edit to say Bobby Knuckles probably beats both with ease.

oldjersey and llllllllllllllll like this.
  17. 6 fights in 13 months (I think) for Izzy

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  18. Also the thought of Dana breaking all the scoops to Okamoto just to spite Helwani is so fucking funny to me.

Steve_JustAGuy and yeahrightdude like this.
  19. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Damn I’m so hype for Mike Chandler vs. Pitbull

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I’m honestly surprised they haven’t stripped Whittaker even though none of this has been within his control. My guess is they’re holding out for Adesanya vs. Whittaker in Australia.

22. currytheword

Trusted

My fucking god Souza is being done dirty! Why is Kelvin getting these opportunities the guy barely makes weight ffs. Should be Ronaldo vs Israel.

23. MikeERayner

Trusted

Please please please be in Sydney!

Analog Drummer likes this.
  24. Iaquinta was on the UFC Unfiltered podcast and said

- UFC is trying to book him vs Poirier but Dustin wants more money.

- Conor vs Cowboy in the summer

- Max is coming up to fight Tony for the interim (thus only leaving him to fight Dustin since Nate has went MIA. Again.)

currytheword likes this.
  25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I wonder why they wouldn't just do Poirier vs. Tony for the interim belt. That seems to make the most sense.

It's still crazy to me that you have Cowboy, Conor, Max, Tony, Al, Dustin and Khabib all in the title picture still. This division will never not be a log jam.