Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 229

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

What does Ngannou even do next? DC don't want him. I guess wait till DC retires then go for the new belt.

2. not that it wasn’t a ko, but it wasn’t ko as they’re portraying it haha.

3. currytheword

Trusted

I would imagine he faces the winner of Lewis/Dos Santos.

4. his knee buckled during the open workout the other day and it went mostly unnoticed aside from some reddit detective

Some sad shit

Analog Drummer and currytheword like this.
  5. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah I would say a TKO, not KO. He kind of landed but also kinda didn’t and it’s really just a TKO (Knee Injury) in my eyes. Super underwhelming weekend of fights for sure.

llllllllllllllll likes this.
  6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah, I was thinking that too, isn't there the part where they are terrified to book Ngannou/Lewis 2? Haha.

We still haven't been able to see if Ngannou has increased his conditioning at all. I mean I'd imagine he did and obviously heavyweights don't need to worry so much about conditioning but I'd still like to see him go a longer time.

Maybe Stipe fight again? I'd fuckin love that.

currytheword likes this.
  7. currytheword

Trusted

They kept calling Cain the greatest, but I still call Stipe the greatest heavyweight we’ve seen in the UFC. He fought anyone and everyone. Half the time he was the underdog. He has the widest skill set, and a good record.

Some are calling him entitled, but I think he’s deserving of a rematch for the title. DC pokes him in the eye (something he’s done in several fights) and 25-30 seconds later clipped him with a good inside punch. What Stipe did to Ngannou was a way more impressive victory in my eyes, and don’t think an Ngannou rematch makes sense for him. But we know Dana isn’t pushing DC to fight Stipe at all. Probably advising him not to at this point.

DC using the excuse that he’s waiting for Brock, when it’s pretty damn clear Brock is nowhere near ready for a fight, is annoying as hell to me. Willing to bet if DC doesn’t get that fight he wants, he’ll just vacate instead of defend.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah I don't see DC fighting Stipe, there's no money there and he doesn't wanna hurt the legacy he has going right now. I'd love a rematch and would pick Stipe to win it just doesn't make sense though. I really think DC may just walk away from it all. So what does that leave then? Stipe/Ngannou for the strap bro!!

currytheword likes this.
  9. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I love Francis. He just seems like such a great guy. I feel bad admitting it but, as a Wichita ticket holder, I kinda hope Derrick or JDS drop out so Francis can step in.

The world needs a proper Lewis/Ngannou fight.

currytheword likes this.
  10. I’m gonna need Kron vs Ryan Hall immediately

currytheword likes this.
  12. currytheword Feb 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 18, 2019)
    currytheword

Trusted

Conor taking a fight with Cerrone is really surprising. He could’ve walked away and never came back. Two guys who really love the sport, and it’s a hell of a match up. Hope it’s fireworks the whole time.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

what a sad fight that was :tear:

14. angrycandy

hate to say it but Cain should probably retire

currytheword likes this.
  15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Expected Francis to roll, thought Kron would have to work a little more, but that submission was a thing of beauty.

I watched all three events this weekend and man, Bellator is so far and away the B-League it's almost painful at this point. Way past prime fighters, announcers that can't help but mention UFC/Pride legends every other round, corny walk outs, it really all crystallized with me this weekend. I enjoy Bellator for what it is, but some changes would help a lot.

currytheword likes this.
  16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Man this weekend was cursed. Still not sure what happened to Cain but it looked like he got hit with an uppercut that wobbled his legs just enough to fall awkwardly. Not sure if his leg was already hurt before the fight and he would have been able to withstand that uppercut or what, but it's super unfortunate either way. The guy might possibly be the greatest of all time in terms of skill, but I have a hard time giving him the GOAT title based on his resume. Those injuries have just done too much damage to his career.

17. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

18. currytheword

Trusted

Well this is unfortunate.

19. angrycandy

yikes

20. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

well thats not too surprising

21. currytheword

Trusted

You can be as country and proud of America as you want, and still not support that dickbag. Cerrone’s responses to people in the comments don’t help.

angrycandy likes this.
  22. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Cerrone may have a friendly personality but he is, without a doubt, an enormous piece of shit.

23. angrycandy Feb 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 18, 2019)
    angrycandy

@oldjersey idk if you ever saw anything about it but this is that fight I was talking about last night

oldjersey likes this.
  24. Fucking Tim Kennedy lmfaoooooo

yeahrightdude likes this.
  25. Love this