Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 223

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

okay well... This sucks but it's the right thing to do.

2. God isn’t real

Analog Drummer likes this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

God damn man

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Looks like he got real sick. Jeez. Adesanya has a hell of an opportunity tonight even more now. Really hope he puts on a show tonight now.

5. currytheword

Trusted

Robert got one look at Gastelum's face and was like nope, I am not fighting that guy.

But in all seriousness, it looks like he is actually going into surgery today because of it. I don't really believe that he didn't know he had a god damn hernia growing in his stomach all this time, but alas, I don't blame him for not fighting with it being really bad. I'm bummed.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  6. Feel like Kelvin gets (maybe rightfully) fucked in this scenario.

If Izzy absolutely destroys Anderson tonight it’ll be very hard to not do him vs Jacare for the interim.

7. currytheword

Trusted

Honestly, I don't think i'm gonna buy the PPV now. I have watched Simon fight twice before, and am pretty unfamiliar with the rest of the card outside of the Adesanya/Silva & Yahya/Simon bouts. Really stupid the UFC doesn't think to drop this down to ESPN+ streaming. No championship fight and one decent 3-round fight that no one expects to go past the second round.

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

God bless your soul for actually buying PPVs

currytheword likes this.
  9. currytheword

Trusted

If they do Souza dirty like that i'll be pissed. He should be fighting for the title next, and nothing less. Whether or not he gets a shot before Israel is up in the air still of course, but he shouldn't be forced to fight another top contender before his title shot.

slowheart likes this.
  10. currytheword

Trusted

You don't buy any of the big ones even?

I usually will if there are, at the very least, 2 big fights I know I will enjoy.

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I don't. I've just done streaming for so long it's just a habit where I don't even feel guilty. If it's a HUGE event, like UFC 200 huge or Mayweather/McGregor huge (meh) i'll pay. But yeah, i'm uhhh frugal in that area.

currytheword likes this.
  12. I’m staring at this card and holy fuck.

You almost have to make this a fight night or something. It’s literally Silva/Izzy and a bunch of other fights that would be on the early prelims

13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It would be a tremendous idea to make this an ESPN+ card.

currytheword likes this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Is DC commentating tonight? He's what I look forward to when I don't know most of the fighters

15. currytheword

Trusted

The PPV is not going to sell unless millions of people pre-ordered in Brazil. Which, is possible, but that will likely be the extent of sales for it. I would imagine the UFC having to pay back thousands of PPV pre-orders is a headache they have no interest in dealing with. They'd rather take whatever money they can and run with it.

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ugh, Anik and Cruz tonight. Fuck.

yeahrightdude and currytheword like this.
  17. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

lol

oldjersey and currytheword like this.
  18. currytheword

Trusted

I do wonder, did they not have any middleweights available there in case this happened? Considering both main events were in the same weight class, you'd think they'd have at least 1 guy at the ready.

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Is Gastelum the type of dude to suit up and fight anyone? I believe Dana has already been quoted that Gastelum will be "taken care of". So not much of a reason for him to fight but who knows.

20. currytheword

Trusted

Very unlikely when he's waiting on a title shot. Most No. 1 contenders aren't willing to, and understandably so. Though, I also don't think he's ever been in that position where someone dropped out right before and he was offered a different fighter.

Edit: Just googled it to see. He had Thiago drop out a month in advance of a fight citing an injury, and then faced a relatively amateur fighter in which he steamrolled him. Other than that, it's either always been Gastelum missing weight or getting injured haha.

21. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I can't help but feel for the poor Australians who slept in a little longer today who will be waking up soon to the worst news.

oldjersey and currytheword like this.
  22. currytheword

Trusted

100% can't even imagine being a ticket holder to that event right now. Do you even go?

yeahrightdude likes this.
  23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

For real. Ticket holders deserve at least a 15% refund. I would definitely try to find cheaper tickets and then refund my more expensive tickets if possible. that's so much work to do 3 hours before hand though.

currytheword likes this.
  24. MikeERayner

Trusted

Yeah I just woke up. Fuck.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  25. MikeERayner

Trusted

What was I saying yesterday about wishing I’d bought tickets and flown down? I take that back