Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 206

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

wtf this card is insane

2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

*Kisses fingers like a chef*

yeahrightdude and currytheword like this.
  3. currytheword

Trusted

It really should be Woodley vs Covington, and i'd much rather see that fight. However, Colby getting screwed over at any time is still satisfying.

t_papaccio likes this.
  4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

On the list of unfair things the UFC has done, this is towards the absolute bottom so I have no problem with it.

currytheword likes this.
  5. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

6. Analog Drummer

Regular

After the first two fights it’s a dramatic drop off

7. Please don’t let this look like Francis/Lewis

I think JDS is technical enough to finish him. Or Lewis just throws a wild overhand and puts him out

yeahrightdude likes this.
  8. MikeERayner

Trusted

It had so much potential and then the Adelaide card happened with Tai/Tyson/Hunt/Matthews all losing. Not to mention Hooker losing to Barbosa.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  9. 235 might be the best card I’ve ever seen

Analog Drummer likes this.
  10. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

11. currytheword

Trusted

Fuck. Yes. This is the fight to make for Rose. I honestly love her, but think Jessica will take the title. One of those fights where i'm excited for any outcome.

12. currytheword

Trusted

It's a pretty damn good one. Some of my overall favorites are 94, 100, 189, 202, 205, and 217.

13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I need to watch some more of her fights, but I lean towards thinking Andrade will get out-pointed by Rose. She strikes me as a quick starter and kind of fades as the fight goes on but who knows. Good fight either way.

Or maybe I'm just bitter because she knocked out my girlfriend Karolina

currytheword and slowheart like this.
  14. 235 is legitimately wild.

The two title fights alone can headline ANY card that doesn't have McGregor on it.

Askren/Lawler can 100% headline a fight night.

Holm/Ladd could've headlined a fight night.

Zabit/Stephens could've.

Garbrandt/Munhoz could've.

If you're wearing really thin then Gall/Sanchez could've headlined a fight pass card.

15. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Gall/Sanchez is a great fight. This card is definitely one of, if not the best cards I've ever seen.

currytheword likes this.
  16. Agreed. It's a good fight for Sanchez too because Gall isn't exactly known to light someone up standing. And Diego has never been submitted

t_papaccio likes this.
  17. yeahrightdude likes this.
  18. FINALLY they’re back

19. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

This just bummed me out a little bit

MikeERayner and currytheword like this.
  20. currytheword

Trusted

235 is too impressive, I fully expect at least 1-2 fights to drop off. I'd be happy if they didn't though.

21. Official

yeahrightdude and MikeERayner like this.
  22. Fuck yes. Off to a good start

23. MikeERayner

Trusted

That’s not going to end well for Waterson

24. currytheword

Trusted

I don’t know man, after suffering a KO punch like she did against JA, that sometimes changes a fighter. We’ve seen it happen many times, but I like Karolina so I’m hopeful for her.

25. Mrk_Brdshw Jan 9, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 10, 2019)
    Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Listening to the JRE with Din Thomas right now. Din has an interesting but perfect way of describing MMA fighters. You can categorize them in three different ways (with various levels of overlap): Artists (technicality), Athletes (natural ability/athleticism), and Fighters (love to hit and get hit).

Artists/Athletes: GSP, Woodley, Nunes, DC, Cruz, Holm, Rousey, Overeem, Mighty Mouse
    Artists/Fighters: Diego, Condit, Cowboy, Lawler, Mousasi
    Fighters/Athletes: Hendo, Vitor, Romero, Hughes

All three: Dillashaw, Jones, Diaz bros, Conor, Khabib

Edit: Actually, he had a fourth category of "Competitor" which I forgot about because it's so similar to "Athlete". The distinguishing factor there would be in the coaching aspect because an athlete wants to push themselves whereas a competitor is solely focused on winning.