Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 205

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. TJ looking a little rough

2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

His eyes look...off.

3. currytheword

Trusted

Taking a few too many punches to the head during practice maybe.

4. Analog Drummer

Regular

He always is little cockeyed though

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Sheesh. I feel like more often than not now (in every division), we get a “super fight” or something whacky rather than a standard title shot where a contender works their way up and fights a champ.

You either end up with a log jam of contenders knocking each other off (all of lightweight) or forcing contenders through to stardom before they’re ready (Till, Adesayna).

slowheart likes this.
  6. TMZ breaking MMA news lmao

TMZ

Jones vs Smith at 235 in March

yeahrightdude likes this.
  7. MikeERayner

Trusted

Anyone more credible posting about it? I don’t have twitter anymore so I’m going to have to rely on you guys here for me ufc news now!

8. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Analog Drummer and MikeERayner like this.
  9. MikeERayner

Trusted

Analog Drummer likes this.
  10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

With the way things are with the UFC nowadays, it’s refreshing having someone like Jones at the top (unless he pops again lol). There is always so much drama where champs tell people they aren’t worthy of a title shot or try to angle for big money fights whereas Jones always calls for the next contender. He never backs away or tries to handpick his opponents. He just wants the UFC to keep lining them up.

11. currytheword

Trusted

I never gave DC a lot of credit as a LHW champ because he didn't technically win the title. I know I sound like plenty of others, but if you think about if Jones never tested positive after his second win on DC, then DC wouldn't have had the title handed back to him. He wouldn't have become Champ Champ. It's interesting to see that while he is one of the best, his title as THE best right now is really hinged on Jones fucking up rather than him actually having been a dominant LHW champ. That division has been pretty quiet up until now (since Jones vs DC 2), and we aren't even too comfortable with calling Jones the LHW champion yet. If he stays clean and beats Smith, I think it only makes sense for DC and him to fight one last time and settle it.

12. currytheword

Trusted

For me, Holloway, Woodley, and Whittaker are where it's at and my current favorite champions. I've decided that Whittaker vs Romero II is my favorite fight of 2018.

14. currytheword

Trusted

His second tweet says Colby was ready to go for UFC 235, but the UFC chose to go with Usman because he came ready first and Colby was holding out so it "cost him."

Dumb that Woodley would say all the stuff he just did to Usman about making him wait, then signs days later.

slowheart likes this.
  15. I’ll wait for Meltzer to give an accurate number but apparently UFC 232 is trending at 900k PPV buys which is fucking mental if it’s true

oldjersey likes this.
  16. That’s a fucking card

8612AB3C-F219-4EB7-A47B-38CD1AC3699D.jpeg

17. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

God damn 235 is STACKED

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Basically every fight on there could probably be a main event depending on the card. That’s insane.

19. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

UFC has so many events coming up in the next few months that stacking cards like this is going to start getting risky.

20. MikeERayner

Trusted

Standard for the last two years really! There’s always a ripple effect.

21. Analog Drummer

Regular

Wouldn’t mind them filling out 234 a bit more. Couldn’t be that hard to get people to the Australian summer to fight

22. MikeERayner

Trusted

It's pretty damn weak huh?!

23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Even better

24. Jesus fucking Christ