Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 204

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. currytheword

Trusted

This is a huge point. The guy never needed steroids. He's so unbelievably fast for a LHW, and his body type and stance is so fucking hard to fight. THAT is why it is such a bog and detractor for me. We are going through these hoops and watching him do such dumb stuff that is totally unnecessary.

I'm also not crazy about the fact that he is notoriously a totally different person behind the scenes than who he presents himself as. Like as if we're all dumb kids that just believe whatever he says. He does stuff like trash a reporter in front of a crowd and bullying her for asking a question he had no answer for, gets DWI's and uses steroids, and a slew of other things. Later, he's a god warrior and his religion and belief and god's plan is what helps him get through all his trials and tribulations. Like go fuck yourself dude. You were the best, you messed up big time, and Dana/the UFC are the ones pulling strings to keep your career profitable because they also benefit.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  2. currytheword

Trusted

That same reason also fuels my dislike for DC. He's a great fighter, but actually has a more grating personality to me and refuses to believe anyone is better than him. Jones is, and he beat him twice. If he'd of just accepted it and moved on without ever showing Jones an inkling of impression on him, he'd be a lot more favorable to me. But every time Jones takes a shit DC has something to say and is lashing out. Personally excited to see what comes after both of them leave the UFC.

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I hear you for sure, but it's natural for people who have had issues in the past to strive to be better and improve themselves and try to make up for it. He can't just act like a trashbag forever because he has had issues. I know many people who have gone from total scumbag to upstanding citizen and give god of their understanding all the credit (we do NOT need to get into that today haha). He has some demons he has/had to face internally. I think some of us have more demons than others. My experience and background i'm coming from is one filled with tons of people who were given second chances after royally fucking up and making the best of it. That's just where I come from. I can't say anyone knocking him is wrong ultimately though, Jon has made some dumb fucking choices while being an all time-great.

I am so confused on what to think with the USADA stuff, I have heard so many damn reports about it from every avenue.

currytheword likes this.
  4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah, they are in the promotion biz though, shutting up about it doesn't make the money. Jawing off at each other all the time does!

currytheword likes this.
  5. currytheword

Trusted

100% agreed, and I can totally understand that aspect of it. Hell, i've been wanting Jones to be back on track for 3 years now. I just don't think Jones really IS making an effort to be a better person really, just wants everyone to believe that.

Next year, if Turinabol is still showing up in his system, and he's still fighting, then that is an insult to any and every fan's intelligence and loyalty to the UFC.

6. currytheword

Trusted

Haha I suppose so, but it would help if DC's shit talk had some substance and didn't sound like an 8th grader arguing over who's king of the playground. Him and Ferguson make my teeth grind.

oldjersey likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Can't argue that, time will tell. I'm rooting for him still but I don't wanna come off as an apologist.

currytheword likes this.
  8. currytheword

Trusted

Speaking of my favorite cringe-inducing fighter, here's Ferg's best of the past week.

oldjersey and yeahrightdude like this.
  9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I Like The Guy But I’ll Never Read Anything Typed Like This.

currytheword and t_papaccio like this.
  10. Maybe it's wrong of me to view it this way but I look at Jones and Anderson as pretty similar. In the sense that, even if they took all this shit, I find them so talented that I think the results would've been the same regardless.

I’m sure there’s a lot of guys that haven’t taken some type of shit to get an advantage. But I know the amount of people who have tried and gotten away with it (or even popped) is exponentially higher.

oldjersey likes this.
  11. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I can’t stop laughing at this

I know it makes zero sense for Tenshin or Rizin to turn this into a work but god damn that looks fake as hell....

It looks like he just got clubbed by Brock Lesnar.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  12. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit. 33 second KO for a million bucks to start off tonight's PFL event. One punch. WOW!

13. 39 year old journeyman just won a million bucks on new years eve.

What a story that is

14. UFC has removed the women’s FW rankings from their website

15. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

They were never really there to begin with. They had Cyborg as the champ but nothing else was listed. They just took Cyborg down.

17. MikeERayner

Trusted

Cejudo as cringey as ever on Ariel’s show yesterday. God I hope TJ wins.

18. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah I am thinking he gets dominated but who knows. This sport never ceases to prove me wrong. I thought he was for sure about to lose to DJ when his ankle started rolling but he held it together.

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Here’s a fun one... List any potential 2019 UFC champions (excluding the current ones of course).

Velasquez
    Anthony Smith (I’m going to bet Jones finds a way to force himself to vacate and Smith sneaks in there)
    Adesanya
    Poirier/McGregor (betting that 165 division shows up when/if McGregor can’t get Khabib out of there)
    El Cucuy

20. currytheword Jan 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 3, 2019)
    currytheword

Trusted

Gonna have to remember this post in December. By the end of the year I say:

Flyweight: ?

Bantamweight: Marlon Moraes

Featherweight: If Max moves up, Brian Ortega. If he doesn’t, Max Holloway.

Lightweight: This one I’m pretty much up in the air about. Honestly, it will be a matter of who can fight and who is actually given a chance to fight for it. If Max moves up, I’d honestly put my money on him over all of them.

Welterweight: If they don’t find some reason to strip him, Woodley.

Middleweight: Whittaker, but there are bigger threats to his title than Gastelum like Souza, Israel and Costa.

Light Heavyweight: I refuse to put his name in this spot and then have some positive test come up in two weeks.

Heavyweight: STIPE MIOCIC

21. currytheword

Trusted

And for Women’s Championship:

Nunes, Schevchenko, Andrade. I love Rose but Jessica has some insane punching power and will be a big challenge for her.

22. OSP is really active

currytheword likes this.
  23. currytheword

Trusted

24. Seems like Jones/Smith is the fight.

Jones posted on Instagram that he had a lot to study and it was Anthony Smith fight videos