Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 203

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Dana confirms the new belt at the post fight press conference. Said the week was just too much to get it done by tonight. They'll be out for TJ/Cejudo.

currytheword likes this.
  2. currytheword

Trusted

So aside from what is already booked, 2018 set up 2019 to be one of the biggest years for the UFC honestly. I know they’ll fuck it up, but wow.

The winner of Ladd v Holm will likely face Nunes.

DC will more than likely fight Jones if Lesnar can’t compete.

Holloway moving to 155 means a spectacular fight for him, and a new featherweight championship fight.

Woodley is looking to fight either Usman or Covington.

Depending on whether or not Khabib faces serious punishment, he could defend his title maybe in the spring/summer.

t_papaccio and yeahrightdude like this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ugh had a delayed fight and missed the fights. That Nunes knockout was fucking SICK . So bones looked pretty good??

4. Stipe disliked this comment

currytheword likes this.
  5. currytheword

Trusted

I know :(. It’s the sad truth. I know he deserves a rematch. I think his best bet is to fight again, get a solid win and avoid a long layoff. Fight for the vacated spot or DC if he chooses not to face Jones.

6. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

oh fuck

7. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Also Dana just said he'll kill himself if Jones pops again lol

slowheart and currytheword like this.
  8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Dana is the worst

9. currytheword

Trusted

Sad to see. Not surprising though. His love of hunting seems to dominate his life now.

10. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

can’t believe Nunes actually did it

11. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

A lot of solid fights last night. Nunes’s knockout has to be one of best UFC moments from 2018.

12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I’m not so shocked Nunes knocked her out, but I’m more shocked that they both came out guns blazing like that. I’m with Dana when he said he thought the fight would look like Chad vs. Alexander - back and forth with technicality and some bombs being thrown in there, but eventually one starts taking over. That was just caution to the wind.

Nunes kicking her lead leg out and hitting her with that first one-two was beautiful though.

currytheword likes this.
  13. currytheword

Trusted

I'm re-watching it now. It really was a crazy exchange. Nunes threw 2 wild haymakers that missed completely. Cyborg did have a few connecting punches, but she was very foolish coming in like that. If Amanda's intention was to simply bait her into a slugfest and hope for the best in the pocket then hats off to her. Stupid lucky.

14. currytheword

Trusted

Laughed when Volkanovski came out to a metal cover of the GoT theme song and then they showed David Beinoff in the crowd who looked unphased haha.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  15. Anyone gonna be watching RIZIN?

Kinda disappointed the Floyd exhibition won’t be shown in the US but the card looks great

16. currytheword

Trusted

Floyd made Tenshin look kinda bad. But if we're lucky Floyd will just keep taking money fights until somebody actually catches him with something big and he retires for real haha.

Finally got around to seeing the UFC 232 post-fight interviews. Cyborg mocking Rousey (they both lost to Nunes in under a minute) had me dying. I can't wait to see her come back. I honestly think that having not lost since 2005, she was bound to run into somebody who would just focus on a specific weakness and do their best (9 months of training the same technique) to exploit it. Cyborg could possibly be even more dangerous at this point. I look forward to this rematch next year if we're lucky enough to see it.

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I believe I heard Cyborgs contract is up in March whether she fights again or not (has 1 fight left on the contract). I don't see her getting cleared after that knockout for March, how likely is it she re-signs? I feel like she is gonna leave.

18. currytheword

Trusted

She may leave, but she told interviewers in the post-fight interview even though she'll be taking time to recover she wants a rematch. I'd think if it's offered to her she will 100% re-sign. If that isn't offered to her, I could see her leaving to go do other MMA ventures.

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Dana said no about the rematch but, he's always full of shit.

currytheword likes this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Like when he said a few years ago Jon Jones will never headline another PPV. That was BEFORE this last ordeal :crylaugh::crylaugh:

currytheword likes this.
  21. currytheword

Trusted

Yep, or when they said no to Dillashaw v Garbrandt 2.

I mean really, who is out there for Nunes to fight next? A rematch with Cat Zingano seems unlikely with her horrid eye injury. Holly Holm maybe if she gets a win over Aspen Ladd I guess.

22. Wouldn’t shock me if they close the women’s featherweight division completely.

Seemed like it was open strictly for Cyborg. Unless Nunes plans to fight at that weight

oldjersey likes this.
  23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I mean, they should just drop the 145 division and have Amanda go back to 135 matches but, that ain't happenin.

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Just watched the Jones fight, guys i'm gonna be honest, I'm still a huge fan of his. Does that make me a bad person? A big reason I stick by him is because of his substance abuse issues (cocaine) I have struggled myself and know how tough it is to come back from that.

currytheword likes this.
  25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I definitely don't like his personality and I really wish a lot of this USADA/positive test stuff wasn't so muddy, but honestly...when I see him win fights, I don't get an overwhelming feeling that I'm watching someone "cheating" to win. I'm not claiming he's innocent from the doping aspect of it by any means, but I guess it's just kind of more that I appreciate his fight IQ, strategy, adjustments, etc. more than anything. Like him or not, for all of the physical advantages he has, he has just as many mental ones. He also has none of the other common holes that a lot of fighters might have (excellent chin, never gasses, is mentally tough and will never fold).

That's why despite all of the controversy, his rivalry with Cormier is probably my favorite that has ever existed in this sport. Both guys are just so good beyond comprehension.