Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 195

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Think Gall is going to smoke him. I'm with Aldo though.

currytheword likes this.
  2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I like it, it’s a winnable fight for both guys honestly. Gall doesn’t have particularly dangerous striking but can still surprise you like he did with Sage. Diego actually has very underrated grappling if he needs to use it too, but unfortunately he’s hellbent on trading until his brain is mush.

currytheword likes this.
  3. currytheword

Trusted

I can't act like I don't shimmy up in my seat with excitement when he points at the mat.

Mrk_Brdshw and slowheart like this.
  4. Aldo vs Moicano is the co-main to Moraes/Assuncao which is a bit interesting to me.

One is definitely a title eliminator but I would’ve assumed they’d put Aldo as the main.

Great looking card so far though

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Is Moraes/Assuncao an interim title fight since TJ is dropping down temporarily? I thought that’s what Moraes tweeted when they announced it. It would explain the top billing.

6. currytheword

Trusted

I hope so because Moraes is my favorite prospective champ right now and I think he could be a serious challenge for TJ and the rest of the division.

7. MikeERayner

Trusted

Nice quick submission win for Olivera!

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Damn, classic Barboza clinic. That was almost hard to watch. I feel like Hooker wanted to quit like six times but just couldn’t bring himself to do it.

Analog Drummer and yeahrightdude like this.
  9. MikeERayner

Trusted

Not a good few weeks for my AU/NZ fighters!

10. MikeERayner

Trusted

I’ve just had a damn blackout! Guess I’ll be following the main event on twitter.

11. Ragin' fucking Al.

Also Dan Hooker is way too tough for his own good.

12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Lee is good but man he is so unlikable. He acts like he was ripped off in the decision, but I thought he clearly lost three rounds if not four. Round two could have gone either way depending on if you favored Lee’s ground attack or Al’s standup advantage.

Either way, just get off the ground and stop pouting like you got robbed.

13. I’d be down to see this tbh.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I love how Ariel corrected his quote in the tweet - he said “a week’s notice” but it was actually just a day.

15. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

16. currytheword

Trusted

Zabit is gonna work Stephens up and down.

Edit: Also, Barboza is awesome.

17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Gracie v Ruth was everything I was hoping it'd be. Awesome fight.

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Having three cards this weekend was so awesome. Especially since the UFC was an early Fox card so I was able to hop over to Bellator right after.

19. Next event is 232 and holy fuck am I amped for that.

Rewatched Jones/Gus last night and I hope this dumb mother fucker doesn’t pop for anything before or after.

20. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Lol I watched it again last night too and had that exact thought almost word for word.

currytheword likes this.
  21. currytheword

Trusted

I haven't really fully accepted Jones coming back. While I want to believe him in that he didn't do it intentionally, the means in which he was let off the hook didn't help the bad taste in my mouth. I recognize him as the dominant amazing fighter he can be but I just feel no excitement towards his upcoming match. Him and Gus are both coming off of layoffs. I imagine Jones takes it in the first two rounds.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  23. currytheword

Trusted

Damn. I was truly looking forward to seeing him back, but I can't imagine him wanting to continue putting his body through the strain after another injury like this.

24. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

At least with a shoulder injury he can still run and stay active to keep his sanity. I hurt my neck recently (which also caused numbness in my hands) and I haven’t been able to do quite as much, but I couldn’t imagine trying to mentally get through the leg/knee/groin injuries he has had.

currytheword likes this.
  25. TRTor!