Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 194

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Analog Drummer and currytheword like this.
  2. currytheword

Trusted

How’s this for your weekly Ferguson cringe fix.

Analog Drummer and slowheart like this.
  3. If anyone is REALLY bored: Tony Ferguson the type of guy.....

Some of my favorites

- Tony Ferguson is the type of guy who'd try to drown a fish

- Tony is the type of guy who wears shades indoors n then breaks his leg by tripping over some cables

- Tony Ferguson is the type of guy to be concerned about where your kids are.

4. currytheword

Trusted

5. bisping’s announced that he’s a new commentator now

6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Coker wins!

7. I can hear it now from Dana

“Tyron is a fucking paper champion. We offered this goof a trillion dollars to fight on this card and he chose that his hand hurt a little too much”

We are also 1000% getting an interim title now for that division lol

currytheword likes this.
  8. currytheword

Trusted

I've not been a fan of how Tyron has handled his issues with Dana/UFC before, but I actually don't knock him for this one. The UFC shot themselves in the foot. It wasn't his responsibility to save it, and he isn't fully healed. The man has defended his title quite a bit, and just did so a few months ago.

They need less PPV's and it will also not make fighters only shoot to be on a PPV as opposed to participating in fight cards.

9. Doubt this fight happens at this point. Don’t think Askren wanted to wait that long to fight.

currytheword likes this.
  10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It is totally in them, really. As Askren said, Tyron has been one of the most active champs in the UFC. When he needed shoulder surgery, they immediately made an interim belt even though Tyron was back within about a month and a half (then they were pissed at Colby for not immediately turning around and fighting again to unify the belts) I don’t know why they act like Tyron is always backing away from fights.

currytheword likes this.
  11. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah after his dominant performance against Till, I respect him a whole lot more and didn't feel a need to see him back in soon after. He looked his absolute best. Tyron is gonna smoke Colby, eventually haha. Then Colby won't matter anymore. I'm saying it now, if Colby wins their fight I will apologize kindly to him on his follow up cringe post.

12. MikeERayner

Trusted

Tyron literally saved that card in September by stepping in on relatively short notice. I’m not a huge fan of his, but he’s done his bit for them. It’s time for the UFC to back their champions.

currytheword likes this.
    Analog Drummer likes this.
  14. currytheword

Trusted

Agh, disappointing. Askren's debut has quickly become a highly anticipated fight for me now that Max's title defense is done. Was most definitely hoping for something sooner than March.

15. WEW LADDDD

16. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Amazing

18. MikeERayner

Trusted

GIMME

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

God if that happens, I’ll cry. Honestly thought Cain was done.

If DC retires (and there’s no funny business with Brock), doing the winner of this fight vs. Stipe for the vacant title would be awesome.

currytheword likes this.
    Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  22. currytheword

Trusted

Sanchez v Gall is a good fight i'd think.

23. I agree. Don’t think Gall is gonna light him up standing (he might but I’m not that worried about it) and it likely ends in a decision or Gall tapping him.

I’d like to see Sanchez retire after this.

24. currytheword

Trusted

Coming off of a win, that's all one of those guys from that era of the UFC needs to take a callout fight from a young guy and keep going (unless you're GSP). Diego loves fighting and has never not been willing to fight anybody haha. It's a gift and a curse for him.

After Diego does eventually retire, who else is left really from that era that is still in the UFC? GSP (kinda) and Silva?