Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 193

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I’m telling you the second promo had nothing to do with countries. It’s a new belt and it’s ugly and cheap as hell.

2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah I feel like they only showed the very top of the belt so there is probably way more to it than USA and Canada. Weird to do a cryptic promo for a belt though.

yeahrightdude likes this.
    currytheword likes this.
  4. currytheword

Trusted

I like it. Would make the exception that Askren was a welterweight champ before joining the UFC, so I would call him worthy of challenging.

slowheart likes this.
  5. Easy to market even if the casual fan doesn’t know him that well.

Undefeated and talks a silly amount of shit on literally everyone.

yeahrightdude and currytheword like this.
  6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

7. currytheword

Trusted

Title is kind of misleading. He doesn't have any ill will towards Conor, just thinks he should retire for his young family and for whatever reason is weary of Conor getting hit with hard punches.

Like c'mon man, Conor was bound to take hard punches at some point and he recovered off that one nearly immediately. Not being behind him after a loss kinda seems shallow to me.

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Dude I'm losing it over Usman complaining about Askren calling him "Marty". He's going on a rant on Ariel's show. So damn funny.

9. currytheword

Trusted

Usman 100% strikes me (pun not intended, but i'm allowing it) as the type of guy who yes, is a confident fighter, but also would just be a full of himself asshole if he weren't in MMA.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah he definitely rubs me the wrong way, but I don't even want to tune in to watch him lose either because his fights are snoozers. So he doesn't even make for a good heel.

He fought Meek when I was there live in Kansas City, and I almost fell asleep. He started in with his arrogant post-fight speech and everyone in the building booed him.

currytheword and Analog Drummer like this.
  11. Analog Drummer

Regular

And there’s plenty of fighters with young families who have taken more damage than Conor has, albeit none of them have $100mil in the bank

currytheword likes this.
  12. currytheword

Trusted

If there is any plus side to Marty, it’s that he wants to annihilate Covington and did punk him pretty badly at the conference months back.

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I can't really decide who I dislike more. Sometimes I just feel bad for Colby because he's so damn terrible at acting and reading his own script.

currytheword and Analog Drummer like this.
  14. Yo!!!!! This is great

currytheword, angrycandy and Swoos like this.
  15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Can't wait for those 6am ONE cards on TNT just before an hour of Friends.

16. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

This is great. Ill watch at 6am

18. I guess I'll have to subscribe to B/R Live

19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Ernie Johnson tying to hype up a ONE Championship Super Series Muay Thai Featherweight Bout featuring Yodsanklai Iwe Fairtex during the NBA games is going to be a treat.

All jokes aside, this is cool for ONE.

21. Seems like it might be a bad injury? Wouldn’t be surprised if he calls it a career.

Also. No Cody

22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

At this point, has Cruz spent more time on the shelf than actually being an active fighter? I don't know how he even functions mental or physically being in a constant state of recover.

23. Marketing Jon Jones as literally being Thanos is something

24. MikeERayner

Trusted

God damn it.

25. currytheword

Trusted

93D142FE-A3A4-434B-BC26-824528BF5653.png

Thanos seems to like it.

slowheart likes this.