Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 188

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Aldo/Cub
    Lawler/Askren
    TJ/Cejudo

Caceres, Vick also on the card

233 is gonna be awesome

Analog Drummer likes this.
  2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Kron v Caceres is going to be a good one. They're really stacking it to compete with Bellator.

4. imagine it’s FOX lol

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Joe Buck tying to hype up a ONE Championship Super Series Muay Thai Featherweight Bout featuring Yodsanklai Iwe Fairtex during the late NFL games is going to be a treat.

Henry likes this.
  6. currytheword

Trusted

9E9975CB-BD3C-4FF2-B9A4-EAFDDB56BFB1.png

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Haha the last thing they need are new divisions

angrycandy likes this.
  8. currytheword

Trusted

Idk, I think a 165 pound division would be very good. And they change WW to 175.

9. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah after with the fiasco they had trying to find a title fight for 230, getting rid of a division without replacing it seems like a bad idea.

currytheword likes this.
  10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

We kind of already talked about it in here but this is the one instance where it’s pretty ideal. Seems like a large number of guys at the top of 155 complain about the weight cut or have issues, some of them already gave up and went to 170, and some don’t do it because the guys cutting down to 170 are too massive.

155 is the only division that actually has talent to spare, but I have a feeling that shifting 170 to 175 would attract a couple of the lighter middleweights too.

currytheword likes this.
  11. 165 is the only division I want to see added. And them taking 170 -> 175 makes the most sense.

That division would be LOADED and it would help thin out some of the others. 155 all the way to 185 is absolutely fucking stacked. Stacked to the point we aren't really getting some of the fights we should be getting.

currytheword and yeahrightdude like this.
  12. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

whatever makes for better matches I’m for

13. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Gastelum just said in the press conference yesterday he’s still not counting out another drop down to welterweight. 175 could actually make that a possibility.

14. Johnny Hendricks is in shambles calling Dana for 175 right now

currytheword and yeahrightdude like this.
  15. currytheword

Trusted

He’s a huge dude to begin with, I don’t think he should try even for 175 if the opportunity presents itself Haha. But who am I.

Analog Drummer and yeahrightdude like this.
    Analog Drummer likes this.

17. Still wanna see him get knocked out

oldjersey likes this.
  18. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah dude, that was my first thought when I realized that. That's an unfortunate and unnecessary aspect of that card.

20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Not surprising, but very disappointing.

21. currytheword

Trusted

Why does the UFC even really want him? Is there really that much hype around him because of some early amateur Heavyweight knockouts? The football crowds hate him, they're certainly not going to follow him into this sport if that's what they're hoping for.

I feel like 8 out of every 10 Heavyweight matches end with a TKO or KO, he's not doing anything that special and hasn't fought anyone notable. Put him up against somebody serious, let him get manhandled, and then be done with him please.

slowheart likes this.
  22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That's kind of the way I see it going. I think at this point, they're probably so desperate to find anyone with ANY sort of drawing power - even if people will tune in just to see him lose....especially with how dry Heavyweight is these days.

It also seems like they're trying to legitimize the Contender Series, so even getting one star out of that show would help do that and get some more attention directed that way. Who knows. I know I haven't personally seen him fight and do not care to tune in for his debut.

currytheword likes this.
  23. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah with Hardy there's that "I wanna see him lose" hype which does actually generate good numbers, not always but potentially . I could argue that is what brought Mayweather to such great heights.

25. Even if you take Hardy being a scumbag out of the equation + remove him being a former NFL athlete

He’s just a hard hitting heavyweight. He’s the stereotypical heavyweight that gets pushed and will get exposed within 5 fights. His gas tank is probably shit, we know he likely doesn’t have a ground game at all.

They’ll protect him for as long as they can but heavyweight is so thin that he’ll get obliterated sooner rather than later.