Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 187

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Love that Caldwell/Horiguchi. I don't oppose promotional cross over, doesn't need to be for a title though in my opinion.

2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Looks like Moraes vs. Assuncao is happening (strange that Cruz is still not in the mix). Looks like it may be for an interim belt at Bantamweight as well. Either way, that's a grrrrreat fight.

3. MikeERayner

Trusted

I'm ok with this. Don't know what to make of Cruz right now, so best just to carry on until he comes back.

4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah I'm definitely cool with it (even though I despise interim belts). I never know what's going on with Cruz because he fights like once a year at most even when he claims he's uninjured. Wouldn't mind a rematch between him and Cody though to be honest.

5. MikeERayner

Trusted

I'd be down with that!

6. currytheword

Trusted

Real glad Moraes is getting a solid step up fight. If he finishes his next fight in similar fashion to his last i’d love to see him challenge for the title next year.

7. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Nooo I want Pettis/Gaethje! Give Cerrone a money fight with Conor.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  8. MikeERayner

Trusted

Article has been updated - no go for Pettis

yeahrightdude likes this.
  9. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Hrm... so give us gaethje/cowboy then?

10. MikeERayner

Trusted

I’m down with that!

currytheword likes this.
  12. we’re finally getting Daley vs MVP in February

Analog Drummer likes this.
  13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

What’s funny is I feel like Sage is like such a cartoony American stereotype sort of character to the rest of the world. He’ll probably be super popular.

15. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

16. currytheword

Trusted

Good job by Juan on the Ultimate Fighter last night. He stylistically reminds me of DC but with just as much ability to strike.

Usman shut down Dos Anjos exactly like Colby did. He has no answer for that type of style. I would bet he fights for the title mid next-year.

Cerrone is an animal. The man never stops and will fight anyone. It's remarkable.

As long as Tony is rightfully getting a shot at Khabib, the rest is whatever. Watching Conor fight anyone will be entertaining and it will be nice seeing him fighting back on level headed ground.

17. NSAC files formal complaints against McGregor, Khabib; stage set for UFC 229 brawl hearing

The commission alleges Nurmagomedov “refused to comply” with a “valid order” from a NSAC commissioner to “disengage from the situation and walk away” during the incident. Nurmagomedov struck several people, “including, but not limited to” McGregor cornerman Dillon Danis, NSAC inspectors and UFC security personnel.

Nurmagomedov’s actions, the complaint states, make him guilty of “foul or unsportsmanlike conduct” in connection with a fight. He also is alleged to have violated Nevada state laws.

The commission alleges McGregor also refused to comply with “valid orders to return to the octagon canvas” after attempting to jump over the cage into the gallery where Nurmagomedov and Danis fought.

While McGregor “straddled” the cage, the complaint continues, he struck Nurmagomedov cornerman Abubakar Nurmagomedov, who was attempting to climb into the octagon close to him. McGregor “threw a punch at and attempted to strike” Abubakar Nurmagomedov. The two “then proceeded to throw punches while both … straddled the octagon.”

McGregor’s actions also constitute “foul or unsportsmanlike conduct” and a violation of state law.

As far as the potential punishments on the table, Nurmagomedov and McGregor are subject to NSAC bylaws that allow the commission to suspend or revoke their licenses, issue up to a lifetime ban and withhold 100 percent of their purses or $250,000, whichever is greater. They are also responsible for attorney’s fees and other punishments the commission sees fit.

The complaints also include the criminal definition of assault and battery. Bennett’s complaint asks the commission to “impose a penalty” on Nurmagomedov and McGregor, pay fees for the cost of the hearing, and other potential punishments the commission “may deem just and proper.”

Nurmagomedov and McGregor remain temporarily suspended pending the resolution of their cases and have been ordered to attend the hearing in person. The commission voted unanimously this past month to withhold half of Nurmagomedov’s $2 million purse for the brawl he set off by jumping the cage and going after Danis. NSAC chairman Anthony Marnell said he would have done the same for McGregor’s $3 million take had the extent of his actions been known on fight night.

18. MikeERayner

Trusted

When are the hearing/s?

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Damn. Awesome to see JDS and Shogun get some solid wins tonight. I would have liked to see the JDS fight go a little longer because Tuivasa was clearly still hanging in there although I understand why it was stopped. Shogun handled his fight like a real veteran after getting knocked silly by that accidental headbutt.

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Chuck and Tito only drew 35k buys lol

21. currytheword

Trusted

Good. I hate to say that, but it means Chuck pulls nothing on the market now and no one will want to let him fight. Hopefully.

22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Exactly what I was thinking. I don’t want fighters to NOT get paid for the work they put in, but hopefully low sales will work as a deterrent for this sort of thing.

currytheword likes this.
    yeahrightdude likes this.
  24. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

That's kinda weird. Good to see UFC still sees Cub worthy of a fight like that after three losses in a row... I would really like to see him against some lower ranked guys though.