Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 186

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I just watched it too. Only way that could have been any worse is if Chuck slipped and fell and knocked himself out. But judging by his footwork in that fight...that actually could have happened.

You know it’s bad when Tito, Rampage and Wanderlei are all still fighting and have people calling for their retirement and yet he STILL doesn’t even look like he belongs in there with them.

2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Chuck should never be allowed to fight again and anyone who would let him is an absolute scumbag in my eyes

currytheword likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

posted it in the wrestling thread, but this is seriously the only thing that mattered about that ppv

angrycandy likes this.
  4. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

slowheart likes this.
  6. God damnnnnnnnn

yeahrightdude likes this.
  7. MikeERayner

Trusted

Man, thinking of the aussie guys fighting this weekend, and then Dan Hooker in a few weeks. If they all get W's, Melbourne could be stacked!

8. Officially official

yeahrightdude likes this.
  9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Think Dillashaw is going to smoke him to be honest.

10. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

UFC dropped Sage

11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Sage was getting there (I mean he was on a three-fight win streak and had only lost twice). Even still, he could benefit from building himself up in another promotion. The UFC just threw him into the fire way too quickly (he fought three times in four months when he got signed, for crying out loud).

12. currytheword

Trusted

Khabib possibly dodging a fight offer from Tony?

13. MikeERayner

Trusted

They literally have no idea how to build someone up that has potential to be a star

14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Honestly, Sage was probably getting paid a lot and then had some insane offers UFC didn't want to match for a fringe Top 15 guy. This is probably best for both parties.

currytheword likes this.
  15. Dude was getting 60/60 which is nuts for fighting “cans”

16. currytheword

Trusted

My thoughts on it too. Sage's luster had dwindled quite a bit over the past year.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  17. currytheword

Trusted

Strange, but I guess the UFC is probably thinking it will likely be the last time he gets to a spot where he can challenge for a title. If he loses, I think the retirement bells will ring.

18. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I know it’s a long shot but I’ll definitely be rooting for Silva in that fight

he’s my favorite fighter ever so I’ll always root for him against anyone he goes up against

19. currytheword

Trusted

It's very disappointing seeing how the last few years have gone for him. He was always second to GSP for me, but still top 3 for me (at least up to when he started using/got knocked out for being cocky.)

angrycandy likes this.
  20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

UFC can offer Anderson that because they know he won't win lol.

Mark Hunt is such a gem.

21. I feel like Dana’s grudge against Askren is showing with the Lawler fight. That isn’t a favorable matchup for him (though I think he can win). He usually gives new guys an easier first fight.

slowheart likes this.
  22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I still feel like he smothers Robbie, realistically speaking. I know what you mean though...usually a guy will get a tune-up fight of sorts but they threw him to one of the meanest guys in the division.

23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Mixed feelings on this type of thing happening but right now I think I'm all for it.

slowheart likes this.
  24. That was the one fight I was hoping they’d make if/when they did a cross over.

That’s gonna be a war