Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 174

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

What are the odds DC doesn't get cleared to fight because of his hand and the card ends up getting canceled/downgraded?

2. currytheword

Trusted

He's seemed alright in recent interviews. Crazy thing is that he doesn't feel the need for his hand to be 100% going into this fight. Makes it clear that he likely intends to lay on Lewis for most of the fight.

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I been watching his training videos on YT and he has made it pretty clear his hand is good to go.

4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Cool, I've been putting in crazy overtime at work so I've been pretty much out of the loop aside from seeing random headlines. But yeah, I wouldn't doubt if DC's whole game plan is to just wrestle the hell out of him for two rounds and then figure it out from there. Not sure that Lewis' gas tank will even let him survive getting wrestled around for that long.

5. MikeERayner

Trusted

Only other one I can remember is Adesanya/Brunson which I’m pretty keen for!

6. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I was looking at the schedule for the rest of the year earlier and I noticed that the TUF Finale is the day before Adelaide. If the UFC starts at their normal time locally at both locations we'll have fights from 6:30pm eastern on November 30th to 9am on December 1st. Maybe a 1-2 hour break between events.

7. Yoooooo. Please

yeahrightdude likes this.
  8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Wonder if he's going to try dropping down to Lightweight... Kind of a weird position coming in to the UFC while his good friend has a stranglehold on the Welterweight division.

9. MikeERayner

Trusted

Speaking in AU time zones here: I expect that the TUF Finale will be on the Saturday and then Adelaide on the Sunday with both running from approx 10am-4pm. Aussie cards are always during the day.

10. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Oh okay yeah that makes more sense. Very unfortunate though because I was looking forward to a marathon haha

MikeERayner likes this.
  11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I've never seen this dude fight but always hear his name

currytheword likes this.
  12. He fights a realllllllly boring style if you don’t like wrestlers.

And he hasn’t fought “top” competition but he’s 18-0 and has a really ridiculous college wrestling background.

2x NCAA champion and holds the record for most pins in a season for his weight

Rogan thinks he’s the best fighter modern day to never compete for the UFC

currytheword and oldjersey like this.
  13. currytheword

Trusted

He is, I would agree with that.

I like Ben’s personality a lot. He could most definitely be a serious challenge for Khabib. Askren finishes fights a decent amount too. I’d be interested in seeing that more than a Conor rematch or Tony.

14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Definitely watch Askren if you appreciate wrestling. Dude ran roughshod in Bellator and ONE. He'd be great in the UFC.

currytheword likes this.
  15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Askren is a weird one because he's flown under the radar for the most part, but looking back on his record, he absolutely dominated guys that are really good like Koreshkov, Lima, Hieron, Good, Aoki, etc. I think if he makes it into the UFC, you absolutely have to do Askren vs. GSP.

16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I may be wrong, but I really think Askren doesn't need to chase a belt. If Woodley wasn't there, sure he'd go for it, but I don't think he views it as absolutely necessary at this point in his career. Could create some fun match ups.

17. currytheword

Trusted

Dana and Askren have had "beef" if you can call it that, and it is part of why he's never talked about in the UFC or been offered a deal. I don't know when it started but they both openly criticized each other quite a few times.

18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

currytheword likes this.
  19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

God damn Dana roasted him

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This post was kind of cool although he kind of gives Khabib less credit than he probably deserves in some of those rounds... He downplays a lot of the grappling moments for Khabib and probably overestimates his own success in the stand up exchanges.

That said, I'm glad to see him analyzing the fight/where it went wrong and to see him hungry to get that one back. Objectively speaking, this was the hardest stylistic match up for him anyway and he came into it with a long layoff. So my thoughts on a rematch are pretty much the same as as they were for the first fight.

currytheword and Analog Drummer like this.
  21. currytheword

Trusted

So Artem Lobov has said that if Zubaira is let go from the ufc, he wants out too. Lolwut?

22. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I would rather watch flys fuck :crylaugh:

llllllllllllllll likes this.
  23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Ariel’s interview with Artem was really good. Check it out if you have enough time.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  24. Analog Drummer

Regular

Pretty fair self assessment and awareness. I had him winning r3 too

currytheword likes this.
  25. MikeERayner

Trusted

I deleted it as soon as it popped up on overcast lol