Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 173

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Ha. Yeah, I don't want to sound too insulting and over generalize the WWE audience but...I don't know if you can have a Russian "character" that ISN'T a heel... Yikes.

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

94% of WWE fans are idiots. :crylaugh:

3. Rusev’s character was so good when he first came into WWE.

4. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

I still, to this day, am in shock over them actually hanging the huge Putin banner over the ring.

Crazy.

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I don't know, I like the idea of Khabib being the avenging angel of MMA. Purging combat sports of it's malcontents one at a time.

6. currytheword

Trusted

If the Lightweight division gets held up again for another crossover boxing match....well I’ll probably keep watching the UFC but I won’t be happy about it.

Please fight Tony first, no matter what.

7. ManchesterOrch8

If Tony could somehow channel Rose’s press conference demeanor, forever, it would make me a lot more excited to see him fight Khabib.

I can’t stand when Tony talks.

currytheword likes this.
  8. currytheword

Trusted

Agreed, it’s nauseating.

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

"This is a rat race, but I am not rat. I am a turtle. A ninja turtle. Which one is your favorite? I like Michelangelo."

- El Cucuy

How is that supposed to be interpreted? Rats are faster than turtles and will definitely win the race. But even if you want to say you're a ninja turtle....the Ninja Turtles were trained by a rat who is also, in every instance in the series, a better fighter than they are.

I feel like he thinks of these things at home and fantasizes about the quotes being featured in montages and highlight reels, but they end up just sounding like crazy ramblings.

yeahrightdude and currytheword like this.
  10. ManchesterOrch8

He thinks he’s next level evolved and super clever.

It makes me think that everyone in his camp is just a tryhard yes man, and they’ve never pointed out how much nonsense he spews.

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

yeahrightdude likes this.

12. Damn

13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

GSP cmoonnnn

14. WHYYYYY

17. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

18. poor branch was basically begging for that fight lol

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I hope so badly this happens. The WWE is gung ho about having a black guy on every three man team and he is 1000% better than anyone they are currently using.

20. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

there's no chance New York lets DC fight so that's probably the main event too

21. MikeERayner

Trusted

Anyone else feeling super underwhelmed about UFC230 now?

22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Meh, my expectations have been low since all the chaos with the main event shuffle I guess. I knew shit was not going to work out with this event one way or another, but Rockhold/Weidman and Diaz/Poirier both falling off was pretty pretty much worst case scenario lol

I can’t even remember another fight besides the main event and Weidman/Jacare to be honest.

23. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Really bummed Rockhold is out.

24. currytheword Oct 22, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 22, 2018)
    currytheword

Trusted

I am also bummed that Rockhold isn't fighting Weidman. I think Jacare takes it now, but i'm not sure if i'm gonna pay for the card. If Lewis has the upset and I don't watch it live I will be kicking myself. Chances are unlikely though.