Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 172

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm one of the biggest pro wrestling nerds on this site lol, just look at my post history. You're totally right with the comparison.

ManchesterOrch8 likes this.
  2. currytheword

Trusted

[​IMG]

3. Everyone should aspire to be like Brock.

Get paid millions to work ten days a year while also shooting horse tranquilizers into your veins.

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

While also living on a farm in South Dakota or where ever the fuck.

5. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

He’s in Canada now.

He’s renounced his US citzenship, per his Hunt fight intro.

oldjersey likes this.
  6. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

that’s a COORS LIGHT because Bud Light don’t pay me nothing

Analog Drummer likes this.
  7. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Bellator is in a weird spot because they have a handful of guys they've built up on their own, but not many outside of MVP, Chandler, Lima, Koreshkov, etc. Then all of the rest are guys who just bailed on the UFC (Rory, Mousasi, Benson) or are kind of at the end of their careers (Rampage, Chael, Mir, Fedor, etc.). They need more up and coming talent to compete with some of the ex-UFC guys who are still in their prime and not necessarily making Benson, Rory and Gegard jump around to fight everyone they can.

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It amazes me how much better Bellator's production is as far as the live experience, UFC is so stubborn and refuses to change and it hurts them. They do not want to steal ANYTHING from wrestling while Bellator had no problem doing that.

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Seems like the UFC wanted to go more mainstream and tried to accomplish that by aligning themselves with other professional sports organizations (no unique walkouts, no sponsors other than a major retailer like Reebok, no unique clothing to try to replicate uniforms).

It’s fine, but I feel like the “tone” is conflicting. They still want to embrace things like the bus incident or Brock getting in the cage and “shoving” DC. They promote themselves as entertainment sometimes but then try to be professional at others. Bellator has no shame in going all for the entertainment angle. I like letting the fighters kind of have different identities.

Analog Drummer and oldjersey like this.
  10. currytheword

Trusted

I know I said it shortly after he hopped the fence, but now is even more appropriate.

Khabib, what were you thinking?

11. currytheword

Trusted

Like respect where it’s due, Conor and co. had no answer for Khabib’s ground game. But does he really think he has the ability to box Mayweather? He will look beyond silly.

12. ManchesterOrch8

Khabib’s smart. He knows your dad asked you about Conor when that Floyd talk first started.

He wants that exposure. He wants that hype. Even if it’s just a tenth, he wants it.

13. ManchesterOrch8

He’s never fighting Floyd.

currytheword likes this.
  14. currytheword

Trusted

15. oldjersey Oct 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 18, 2018)
    oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah Conor/Mayweather really opened up the door for anything to happen the see days. I'll never say never again with that stuff.

16. Khabib said it’s not about the money and then calls out Floyd lmao

Get outta here

currytheword likes this.
  17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

If I had the chance to fight Floyd and make 100 million I'd do it.

GrantCloud and currytheword like this.
  18. Yeah, anyone would. But he just ranted about how he’ll quit ufc because he doesn’t care about the money. A week later he’s going for the biggest money grab.

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Money can make absolutely anyone a giant hypocrite though haha.

20. currytheword

Trusted

And says Conor only fights for money as well. Like Khabib, you don’t give a shit about boxing. It’s only for money.

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

If I could be set for life from one fight i'd be a contradicting, hypocritical puppet too haha.

22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I'm not going to lie, I'd be more interested in watching Khabib vs. Brock in WWE than watching him box Floyd.

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Khabib would be great in WWE if WWE knew how to book people that are from different cultures but they in fact suck at it and would make him the biggest russian stereotype. Although Rusev does rule lol. @slowheart thoughts?

24. Yeah if anyone but Vince was running the show. Vince would hear him talk once and be like fuck this guy pal.

Idc if Khabib gets tooled by Floyd but fight Tony first