Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 134

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. We knew Lewis was the co-main. Don't think he had an opponent

2. currytheword

Trusted

Lewis had some USADA approved steroid treatment that supposedly is giving him good results, but it’s jarring to me that the UFC would make this fight the co-main on Conor’s returning card. Id even say that if the Lewis/Ngannou fight never happened.

3. MikeERayner

Trusted

I fully get not needing to stack this card. But I thought they’d go for a 1-2 punch at the top. Not even another title fight, but a juicy fight.

currytheword likes this.
  4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I get it. Lewis (for the most part) either knocks you out or gets knocked out. They're hoping for fireworks in that fight to wow the casual crowd.

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah, he's been a consistent source of fireworks for most of his UFC run, but I also get the concern because he's been hot and cold in his last few. 99% of that has been due to his chronic back problems, so I do kind of agree that it's a gamble putting him in that spot nowadays. I'm glad he's not being reprimanded for that dud of a fight with Ngannou though.

He said he's trying to lose weight which would be my first piece of advice. Not having a huge gut throwing off your posture will always help your back. haha.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Filthy getting released is fucking dumb

7. Mrk_Brdshw Aug 15, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 15, 2018)
    Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Report: Andrea Lee allegedly assaulted by husband who has Nazi tattoos

That douche from a few months back who has the prison Nazi tattoos that "don't represent who he is as a person anymore" now wanted for domestic assault that's allegedly been going on for years. Color me shocked. Also didn't realize he apparently killed a guy once before and is somehow not still in prison.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Wow just read the whole article, what a fucking scumbag.

9. Give me Gus/Jones at MSG

currytheword likes this.
  10. currytheword

Trusted

This guy is absolute trash. Hope she doesn’t return to him for the sake of her own safety and career. Recognize a sinking ship when you see one.

11. some dude on reddit last week claimed to have sources that said it’s gonna be Cain/Jones as the main event lol

12. currytheword

Trusted

There isn’t even the slightest inkling that Cain is in any condition to fight, minus a training session with WWE stars. So I call BS.

However, Jon v Cain is quite possibly the most amazing what if thought I’ve had in a long time regarding the UFC

13. I think his coach actually said he was ready to go not that long ago on Ariel’s show

14. currytheword

Trusted

Really? I totally missed that. Would love to see it happen but I won’t get my hopes up just yet. Stranger things have happened though..

15. MikeERayner

Trusted

There's no way Jones walks back into headline MSG first up. No way.

16. currytheword

Trusted

I got called retarded and a stupid fan for hoping and believing Mcgregor would step up and get in a boxing ring by many. And that went on for six months. “it’ll never happen” can’t really be used regarding the UFC anymore.

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Right, no matter how stupid a fight is, how many times a big-name fighter messes up and gets “banned” by Dana, no matter how unearned a title shot is...the UFC is never going to care as long as it’s good for their pocket now. Only certainty is Khabib vs. Ferguson...that will truly never happen. Haha.

But yeah I thought a while back Cormier said Cain was healthy and still getting the better of him in the gym. And his coach also said he was healthy although it seemed like neither of them would give any sort of time table on when/if he would return.

currytheword likes this.
  18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Tony and Al going back and forth over Twitter is the best.

19. uh ok

20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I mean, if they're both down for it I guess I am too.

21. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

That is an interesting fight to put on fight pass at 9am.

22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

After Ngannou’s last performance, maybe they’re hoping everyone will be nice and rested instead of on the verge of falling asleep.

23. currytheword

Trusted

Thinking of heavyweights and the damage both of those guys did to him, I really hope Overeem retires soon. While I’m not happy regarding his steroid use in the past, he’s been a phenomenal performer and can easily be considered one of the greats. It’s quite clear in my eyes he’ll never be a title contender again, and I can’t help but feel the man has got to have enough money by now. More so, there must be opportunities to work in other athletic fields by now that would support him. Watching him get steamrolled by guys that are up and coming is hard to stomach sometimes.

24. Analog Drummer

Regular

More LMFAO film clips

25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It is hard to watch, but somehow he's almost always been that way. Save for a few instances, it's always clear that he's the more talented fighter in the match, but he can't take a punch (even compared to other heavyweights). He ends up losing so many fights that he should win on paper because he can't even take a glancing blow.

currytheword likes this.