Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 119

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Interesting perspective, but that and my usual gripes (get a few defenses in first please) aside, I like the fight.

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Has Rory fought since his title fight? That was a hell of a fight. Hm I don't think it was too long ago though.

3. Machida has signed with Bellator

4. I’d like to see Chandler sign w/ the UFC. Will Brooks was sacrificed for it to happen

5. currytheword

Trusted

Chandler is a great fighter, i've wanted him to join the UFC for a while as well.

6. currytheword

Trusted

No, and that fight was a snoozer. Hoping this fight delivers. I'd say Mousasi takes it.

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Dude won with a major leg injury most of the fight, how was that a snoozer?

8. currytheword

Trusted

I don't see how that point has anything to with me believing the fight was boring and pretty lacking. Especially for a title fight. Congrats to him, Whittaker went 4 more rounds with Romero with broken hand and didn't lay against the cage for half of it. Rory's wrestling wasn't impressive, Lima was either gassed or not in it as per usual. Neither landed super impressive strikes either.

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

K

10. currytheword

Trusted

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

You just don't seem fun to talk to lol

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

But I respect the passion

13. I thought Rory and Lima was decent. But now I expect every Rory fight to be like the Lawler one lmao

oldjersey likes this.
  14. currytheword

Trusted

That's me too. I loved Rory's fights in the UFC and he just seems to be fighting differently in his last few. Not as aggressive as he once was. I expect the fight with Mousasi to be great. Both are fighters I've said were huge losses for the UFC and it's no surprise to see them both as champions now either.

15. Rashad Evans retired on Helwanis show

So he’ll be in Bellator by next year

Analog Drummer likes this.
  16. Rory/Mousasi
    Wanderlei/Rampage 4
    Daley/MVP
    Koreshkov/Lima

170lb Grand Prix starts that night

all set for September 29th

currytheword likes this.
  17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Ok then.

18. currytheword

Trusted

Laughed out loud when I saw one of the responses was "Breaking News: Hendricks doesn't make weight for retirement."

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  19. TRTtor is BACK BABY

20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'd prefer Vitor not come back, but if he's going to, and Bellator is going to match him up well, then let's do it.

21. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

:cringe:

22. currytheword

Trusted

Chuck is gonna look so unbelievably old in there haha.

23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I will never understand the mentality of fighters and why it's impossible for them to actually retire.

I guess there's some sort of paradox there - if they go on a losing streak like Chuck did, they want to keep fighting until they get that elusive "final win" instead of going out on a loss. If they get the win, they think "Hey, I looked pretty good. Maybe I shouldn't retire after all..."

24. currytheword

Trusted

I think there is a lot of pride when it comes to MMA that makes a lot of the top athletes more determined to stay on top or go out looking good. It's not nearly as prominent in other sports.

25. currytheword

Trusted

Also, with possibly the best card of the year coming up this weekend, who's your (hypothetical in some cases) money on? I'm sticking with my favorites and saying Miocic, Holloway, Ngannou, and Pettis. I am also greatly looking forward to the bout between Perry and Felder earlier on in the night which is a toss up for me.