Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 108

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. currytheword

Trusted

He's had such a long and impressive run too. I wouldn't be mad if he stopped fighting. He's gotta be like top 5 for most fights right?

Edit: Scratch that. He's not lol. But 40+ fights is a hell of a lot.

2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Fun main event, but man, I hated Gaethje's strategy so much.

currytheword likes this.
  3. Just seen a video of Frank Mir and you can tell he ain’t getting tested lol

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I wanna see

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Holy shit he looks like he has trouble moving his arms they are so big.

6. currytheword

Trusted

And that's why I don't pay too much attention to Bellator, minus the fighters I've always liked and have no history of doping. He looks huge.

7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Bellator is so frustrating because they have signed and are developing some very intriguing prospects. Ruth, Pico, Fortune, even guys like Danis and Hager that are at least interesting due to their competitive backgrounds in other sports. But man, they lose me when they try to make these older guys the pillars of their promotion.

Of all people, Bellator should know better and realize that year long tournaments in this sport are trash. Should have made Mitrione champ a long time ago and be done with it.

8. Yeah. The layout for their heavyweight tournament is really bad. The events are fairly far apart and none of the match-ups are THAT intriguing.

I'll watch Fedor/Mir and just pretend that it's 2008

9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Agreed. And I think Fedor/Mir can be a decently fun fight in 2018. It shouldn't be headlining a card, but that's just me.

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Almost disappointing to see Frank fight anywhere besides the UFC. He had been with them since 2001(!) and only had two fights anywhere else. He did have kind of a rocky relationship with them throughout the years though.

11. Mannn. This will be a fun fight

12. Clay Guida vs Bobby Green has also been added to the Chicago card

13. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

14. Lee missed weight lol

16. Nice. Card also has Ngannou vs Lewis

17. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Ugh. Greg Hardy is gonna fight on Dana White’s Contender series?

That’s disgusting.

18. currytheword

Trusted

Barboza is a great striker, but he made no improvements on takedown defense since Khabib. Saw some amazing perseverance and spirit in the later rounds though. Hat's off to him.

19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Surprising and not surprising all in one.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  20. Dos Santos has been cleared to fight. The whole tainted supplements thing worked out

21. lol

currytheword and scottlechowicz like this.
  22. Nick!!!

yeahrightdude likes this.
  23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I have never hated an athlete as much as I hate Greg Hardy.

24. Not sure what happened last night but alright.

Fedor vs Chael up next lol