Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 107

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Predictions for inaugural 165 title match?

2. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Al Iaquinta-Jorge Masvidal 2

3. My brothers response was “oh great. another title they can hand to Conor”

Hope WW moves to 175 or something. A lot of guys are gonna basically fall over trying to cut the extra pounds to 165.

Isn’t Nick Diaz cleared to fight now? Get his ass in there.

4. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Diaz posted something cryptic on Instagram today (maybe it was yesterday) and said he was coming back.

5. I’m assuming they move WW to 175

6. I am however NOT a fan of splitting up the athletes basically.

Less PPV is good. More shows on TV is a great thing.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  7. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Hate the exclusivity of fighters, but love pretty much everything else. 6ppvs and more tv is great

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I think they have to. It would make perfect sense to have perfect 10 lb increments up to Middleweight. There are a lot of guys like RDA, Cowboy, Diaz, Masvidal, etc. that are just a little too big to be at their absolute best at 155, but they are still a little too short/scrawny to compete with the upper tier of Welterweights.

As for the exclusivity issue - it could go multiple ways. I used to love the days of Strikeforce, WEC, UFC and how they each had Lightweight divisions. It created a lot of hype over who was better because they weren't fighting each other. When they finally got to fight, there were tons of interesting match ups available.

9. RDA v Diaz for the 165 title?

10. That would be a hell of a fight.

11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Holly Holm vs Megan Anderson at UFC 225. Have to say, I'm legitimately excited for that one. Two of my favorites.

12. I'm glad Anderson is finally coming over and doesn't have to subject herself to Cyborg in her first fight.

13. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Just got my tix for UFC 225. Should be a lot of fun. Hope the fights remain in place.

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

scottlechowicz likes this.
  15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

After last week, I don't doubt anything anymore. Brock could come suplex Holly through a table at the weigh-ins.

16. Analog Drummer likes this.
  17. currytheword

Trusted

19. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Apparently Dillashaw-Mighty Mouse was supposed to go down this month in Seattle but DJ skated around it when they were trying to get it done late last year.

god damn it. They aren't coming back to Seattle until they can build a card headlined around MM which probably means a Fox card.

20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

21. Analog Drummer Apr 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 13, 2018)
    Analog Drummer

Regular

880E1EC1-FEFC-4F23-AEBB-926976C799F8.jpeg

Could 225 top to bottom be the most stacked card of all time? Beating 200 and the marvellous 205

22. I’m excited for the April 21 card

Barboza v Lee
    Edgar v Swanson

currytheword likes this.
  23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Condit needs to save me the heartbreak and just retire. He went from arguably winning that close fight with Lawler for the title to dropping the next three. I just don't think he wants it anymore.

As far as the main event goes....I love when a fight lives up to its hype.

24. currytheword

Trusted

I think it's just his style of fighting that he isn't changing up enough. Fighters are able to pick it apart because he's an excellent striker, but seemingly relies too much on it. His clinch game has definitely gone down though.

25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Honestly probably a combination of everything. I think people have figured him out (he's always struggled with wrestlers) but he also just doesn't seem to have that fire anymore.

It's sad when it reaches the point where these guys who were once great start to become the guy that everyone calls out. They turn into an easy yet credible name to have on your resume. Same thing happened to BJ, Anderson, Chuck, Fedor, etc.