Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 106

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I don't like bending the rules for title fights but seriously, they should have let Al try to make the weight again. He still had his underwear on when he was .2 away. For fuck's sake, it's good enough. Just get this weekend over with. haha.

2. Analog Drummer

Regular

I think the official weigh show got breaking news his undies counted as 0.2 and both are fighting for belt

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

looool

[​IMG]

4. Getting ready to head up to Brooklyn for the show tonight.

Put a little bit of money on Al just because this week was so fucking strange

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Also did you see Ariel's tweet? It's the 11th anniversary of when Serra (Al's coach) upset GSP. Spooky.

slowheart and scottlechowicz like this.
  6. That’s why I did it hahaha. The lines aren’t as bonkers for Khabib/Al as it was for Serra/GSP.

Surprisingly, the odds for Al are barely steeper than they were for Max before it was scrapped.

7. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Haha that's pretty crazy! Although Al is a beast so I'm not surprised. Inactivity seems to be the main reason he isn't higher up in the ranks. Although I'm not going to lie, I was pretty excited to see him vs. Felder.

8. Beer prices are ridiculous but I’m still gonna enjoy about 15 of then

Analog Drummer likes this.
  9. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know if you've ever been to the Barclays Center, but get the chicken fingers. They're real expensive, but have always been A+

oldjersey likes this.
  10. Last time I was here it was for RAW. But that sounds damn good

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

My man

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  12. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Chicken fingers? What did you go see there, Disney on Ice?

13. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

how dare you

14. I cannot explain to you the atmosphere in here for that fight just now.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  15. Really great night of fights for what they had to deal with.

Al is a warrior. Khabib is going to hold that belt for a long fucking time.

16. currytheword

Trusted

I understand how statistically Joanna landed more (mostly unphasing leg kicks), but for people to be saying she won that fight is total BS. Rose was consistently landing more significant strikes throughout the fight. Even nearly finished her for a second time.

Analog Drummer and slowheart like this.
  17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah, for real. I think Joanna pretty decisively won the fourth, but Rose dominated the first, second and fifth rounds. MAYBE you could give Joanna the third round because she started doing better around that point, but that's it.

It was a good fight, but Rose was clearly dodging almost all of the big punches thrown while landing her left hook over and over. Joanna landed a ton of hard leg kicks that started to pay off in the third and fourth rounds, but it still wasn't even effective enough to keep Rose from coming full force in the fifth.

currytheword and slowheart like this.
  18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

The bus incident sounds a lot crazier from Rose's perspective. Said she didn't even really know who the attackers were or who they were after, so she even considered that it might be a terrorist attack at first until she realized they were after Khabib. I feel terrible for Chiesa just sitting on the bus by the window and seeing a dolly come flying at you.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

To the surprise of absolutely no one.

slowheart likes this.
  20. Analog Drummer

Regular

I guess kind of true. We had a rugby player urinate in his own mouth on camera

I also learnt this week they call it a dolly

21. Conor will be "suspended" for 5-6 months and comeback to face Khabib.

22. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

BREAKING: ESPN And NBC To Split Expanded UFC TV Package | Terez Owens

6PPVs a year huh?

Exclusive rights to specific fighters per network alas Raw/Smackdown seems dumb as hell though.

23. WOW 165 division !! Nice

24. Steve_JustAGuy Apr 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 11, 2018)
    Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Maybe, I'd have to believe that there's some sort of leeway given towards matchmaking. In a perfect world it could also be a way for more fighters to get built up and promoted better.

EDIT: Perfect way would be to have weight classes specific to networks, but that makes too much sense so it probably won't happen.

25. I wonder who each network will get to call the fights.

Also, I’m guessing this means Fox will buy rights to WWE. If not I don’t know what they’re going to air. Majority of what I see on there is UFC re-runs.