Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Miya Folick - Premonitions (October 26, 2018)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by mattfreaksmeout, Dec 13, 2018.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

1. Thingamajig
    2. Premonitions
    3. Cost Your Love
    4. Stock Image
    5. Leave The Party
    6. Stop Talking
    7. Freak Out
    8. Deadbody
    9. Baby Girl
    10. What We've Made

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm unsure how we are not talking about her way more on this site. Really one of the best albums of the year and it just keeps getting better and better. Seems right up a lot of people's alley too.

3. username

hey you lil piss baby

Discovered Stock Image through Pitchfork's best songs of the year list and it's pretty incredible. I've had the album in my library for a bit but still haven't listened, will have to change that soon.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I found her from listening to the Fucked Up album. I loved her voice and looked her up and Premonitions came out shortly after. The album is great Front to back, Stock Image is a definite highlight, as are Thingamajig, Stop Talking, and Deadbody.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I saw her this weekend and it was so incredible. She's a natural performer and just radiates the best energy. It also really highlighted what a versatile performer she is. She can knock out a full rock number just as well as a slick pop cut. I can't wait for her to come back and to see what she does next.

I feel a little weird posting in here since I'm now responsible for 4/5 posts, but I'm going to continue talking into the void until more people join in.

6. username

hey you lil piss baby

I was literally just about to bump this because I saw her last night. Such an incredible performer. Her voice is truly amazing. It was the first show I'd been to in a few months and it was such a fun way to get back into it. Feels like this will be the last chance to see her play in such a tiny space too, she's gotta blow up at some point in the near future.

Great to see Barrie opening for her too.

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm glad there's at least one other person here with me! I completely agree, she's just so set up for success. She's going to be doing much bigger venues soon. She's infectious and has so much star power. I can't wait to watch her continue to grow, but I'm really glad I got to see her in a really intimate setting at least this one time.

Barrie was cool as well. I need to give them a proper listen they had a nice vibe.

8. username

hey you lil piss baby

9. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

New song is pretty good! Excited that she already has new music coming.

10. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

A collab Miya did dropped last week and it’s absurdly catchy.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Haircut is great. It really is catchy as hell, I'll have to check out some of Petey's other stuff, I've never heard of him

Orla likes this.
  12. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I only really know of Petey from his comedy videos on TikTok. I’ll need to give his music a proper listen too.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Orla likes this.