Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mitski - Puberty 2 (June 17, 2016) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Apr 13, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

2. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

incognitojones likes this.
  3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

After having this a while, I feel like this album grew on me a lot faster than Bury Me did. I think they're both great, but there's something about this one that makes it easier to like and I'm not sure what. I think it might be this wider range of moods that I find really compelling but it's not like Bury Me was lacking in that department. I think this one maybe plays with those moods sonically more often, so maybe that's it.

4. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Seeing her tonight w Japanese Breakfast. Gonna rule

5. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Seeing her tomorrow, hype peaking

6. cwhit

jay som signed to polyvinyl woo

7. algae

Regular Prestigious

The best performer I've seen. Every song feels like one breath, wish she would start playing hour plus sets though. Don't think anyone would mind and she has the discography for it.

8. cwhit

did i say when i saw her she encored (which she doesn't usually but i've never seen a crowd beg for an encore that obviously wasn't supposed to happen like that one had) with a new new song?

9. algae

Regular Prestigious

I'm gonna fight you. She told our crowd after Casey left "I'm going to play two songs. This is the encore. Please go home and think about your day after this." Everyone complied.

10. algae

Regular Prestigious

I remember seeing Michelle's project Little Big League and Mitski three summers ago playing to crowds of less than 30 mostly disinterested people. Amazing to see how far they both came, playing a sold out show of 500+ very interested people. Dreams can come true! :-)

11. cwhit

The lights came on and the house music started playing but people kept yelling for five minutes until she came, lol. I've never seen anything like that

12. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I can't stop thinking about Mitski's music videos

13. cwhit

St. Nate likes this.
  14. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

woooooo missed her in june so glad i get a second shot

15. cwhit

torn whether i'm going to go see her for the seventh time or not, lots of shows in november and it's a dc one again...

16. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

If it were a weekend show, I'd definitely go up to Athens to see her at 40 Watt

17. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Missed her show last month for Anderson Paak. Glad to have another chance so soon.

18. That poster rules.

Also no Ohio the last two tours. Very depressing imo.

19. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

i know i'm super late but yo this is great.

St. Nate likes this.
  20. cwhit

Seeing her tonight for free wooooo

ChiliTacos likes this.
  21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I'm still really bummed I miss her and Japanese Breakfast every time they pass through, and even more bummed I missed them together

22. cwhit

Was a solo acoustic set, always love those of her

23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

do you happen to remember the setlist?

24. cwhit

mostly stuff off bury me, I could probably figure it out though not in order. Think like a six to four split or something like that. Maybe closer to even

25. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

oh that's interesting, would've expected six to four favoring the new ones. order doesn't matter so much if you wanna give it a whirl, I just wanted to know what she's playing these days, but that ratio is a pretty good indicator though.