Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mitski - Be The Cowboy (August 17, 2018) Album • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, May 14, 2018.

1. Please scream all about it later! Very excited for you

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  2. username

hey you lil piss baby

Seeing these songs live opened this album up so much for me. I always liked it but was having a hard time really latching onto it in anyway but it's been in pretty constant rotation the last week now.

Mary V likes this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea this show was truly fantastic. Overcoats was the opener and they were really great (they kind of reminded me of a Hale Waif vibe but with the harmonizing of Fist Aid Kit so I highly recommend especially to @Mary V). Anyway Mitski was magical. It was cool seeing her without an instrument and it seems a lot to me like her and Lorde had some discussions about how her stage presence should be. This was definitely my favorite time seeing her. It really feels like we are witnissing such a special artist in her prime. And the set list was so good. Be the Cowboy sounds great live.

Gjpeace, KidLightning and Mary V like this.
  4. I’m sold, thank you! Really happy you had such a great time and that Mitski is killing it!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  5. I'm going to Be The Cowboy in Feb!!

bachna84, Matt, gonz (Alex) and 2 others like this.
  6. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I saw her Friday and idk, I don’t see why everyone else is hyping her live show up so much. If she wasn’t standing motionless then she was usually just making little eccentric arm movements, and there weren’t any notable changes to the songs or anything

Plus Overcoats opened and the two of them were clearly having a blast, and it was fun just watching them dance all over the place and stuff.

7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Mitski’s performance art on this tour is iconic

janexo and Mary V like this.
  8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Named my horse Cold Air in Red Dead 2.

9. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I love this and I’m going to do it too

Mary V likes this.
  10. username

hey you lil piss baby

Mary V, Jim and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That’s definitely a highlight on the album for me. Glad to see it getting the video treatment

12. mad

I was right. Prestigious

this is one of those albums that if I hear one song from it on a playlist or something I gotta listen to the whole thing

Mary V likes this.
  13. This show is every bit as good as people in here have been saying.

ChaseTx likes this.
  14. Brie The Cowboy

15. concert diary

This could be the start of something. I'd have to go backwards, though, and my recollection of last year's concerts isn't that good anymore, so I imagine those posts will be shorter. Idk, it's more of a diary of my experiences than a review of the show itself. lmk what you think? Would like some outside opinions before I commit to making it a regular thing. (These would end up on my blog/website, if I decide to make it a thing.)

16. Mary V likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

19. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

i am so damn excited for this show tonight.

funny that i went to see lorde this year too and had no idea she was opening the show and missed her.

20. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

she didn't join the Lorde tour til after the Dallas date and I was mad about it

21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this dropped off pretty hard for me. listened again tonight and I think its probably the weakest of her last 3 :(

22. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I think it’s her best. By a long shot, actually. My very first impressions, where I said I didn’t think it hit the highs or poignancy of her previous work, were way off.

jpmalone4 likes this.
  23. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Not trying to be combative, btw- just throwing my thoughts out there too!

24. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Basically tied with Puberty 2 for me

Mary V likes this.
  25. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

This album is short and sweet I love it

ChaseTx likes this.